Management Support Assistant(1573 Views)
About Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)
The Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU) is an independent research organisation headquartered in Kabul. AREU’s mission is to conduct high-quality impact-orientated research that informs and influences policy and practice. AREU also actively promotes a culture of research and learning by strengthening analytical capacity in Afghanistan and facilitating reflection and debate. AREU works to ensure that its findings are relevant to the process of change taking place on the ground. Fundamental to AREU’s vision is that its work should improve Afghan lives. Information about AREU is available on AREU’s website: www.areu.org.af.
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||001AREU|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Management Support Assistant (MSA) main duty is to provide on-going management, programme and administrative support to the AREU Director and Senior Management Team in their efforts to strengthen AREU as an institution as indicated in the 2016-2018 strategic plan.
The MSA will report to the AREU Director, but will liaise and work closely with AREU research teams and other Departments. The position is full-time Kabul-based but may require some travel.
The specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Support to Director
• Calendar/Dairy management.
• Monitor and manage MD’s incoming email and mail – respond as required or delegate to individuals as necessary. Print materials for preparation for upcoming meetings or as necessary.
• Deliver quality presentations and documents for internal and external presentations.
• Schedule internal and external meetings as required - determine attendees and invite them, prepare/distribute agenda in advance; book suitable venues and arrange for equipment/catering as necessary.
• Attend management or other meetings as required, taking notes and minutes enabling succinct and accurate transfer of information.
• Travel, accommodation and transfers to be booked for the Director
• Liaise with AREU partners, international offices and suppliers at a senior level.
• Assists in publicizing AREU’s work event via twitter and other social media.
• Updates, organizes and strengthens organizational member of the AREU and further systematizes AREU’s share drive and e-archive of data.
• Preparing and/ or translating official letters, reports, and other documents for external distribution, including donor narrative report.
• In collaboration with staff in other departments, facilitating the organization for external events such as conferences, seminars and dissemination workshops, including supporting logistical arrangements.
• Providing support in organizing board meetings and is responsible for recording all board meetings, drafting and circulating final copy of the minutes of the meetings to all board members.
• Facilitate placement of internships and provides them with the overall organizational orientation.
• Preparing and compiling materials for briefings and other representational activities.
• Drafting and preparing talking points and brief notes to AREU’s Director.
• Facilitating responses to the external queries, either through routing queries to the appropriate person or by responding directly.
• Liaising with the administration and finance department on workshop, meeting, travel, and other logistical arrangements for AREU research staff and consultants, including maintaining a database of accommodation and other field contacts in the provinces.
• In collaboration with staff in other departments, facilitating the organization of internal events such as staff meetings, research department meetings, research management meetings, annual planning meetings, and seminars.
• Performing other reasonable tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor degree (BA) in business administration or related field is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills, including being details oriented, able to prioritize tasks as needed and multi-task professionally.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, judgment, and discretion.
• Excellent written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
• Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and internet(email, web, and social media)
• Ability to work harmoniously and respectfully with people from different cultures and with different expectations.
• Experience with administrative systems.
• Familiarity with the aid community.
• Previous experience as Personal Assistant is preferred.
• May be required to work beyond office hours periodically to organize or manage special initiatives or workload
Afghanistan - Kabul
Send a cover letter and resume to
no later than 5 December 2016. Please write “Management Support Assistant” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Coordinator at SDROA||Faryab||01 Feb 2018|
|Team Leader at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Project Manager,Maternal health and innovatio.. at WISE Afghanistan||Kabul||15 Feb 2018|
|Senior Contract Management Officer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||03 Feb 2018|
|WEE-NPP Deputy Program Director at WEE-NPP||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Kandahar||18 Jan 2018|