TIR manager(641 Views)
About Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries ( ACCI )
Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries - ACCI is a strong and united business membership organization representing the entire private sector of Afghanistan. It is the ser-vice-oriented, independent, and modern Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Afghani-stan. ACCI is a legal independent personality, and the non-governmental, non-political, and non-profitable organization of self-administration of the Afghanistan business community. It protects the rights of the private sector, it coordinates, leads, and supports business activities, and it makes efforts for developing the economy on national and international levels. ACCI strives to provide the best possible services to its members and to the entire private sector of Afghanistan.
What is the TIR System?
TIR is a service of International Road Transport Union (IRU). TIR stands for Transports Interna-tionaux Routers (International Road Transport). In practice, it is an international Customs transit system for goods carried by road which facilitates international movement of goods across the bor-ders of countries that have ratified the TIR Convention, while offering a high level of security. The TIR System enables door-to-door transport with minimum interference at international borders of contracting parties to the TIR Convention and thus serves, in the best possible way, international trade and the economies of all the countries involved.
TIR Center/ Unit:
The TIR Unit will operate under the direct supervision and leadership of International Affairs De-partment of ACCI. As the ACCI is the TIR issuing and guaranteeing organization, so the TIR center will be a responsible office the TIR related activities. This center will improve as one of the im-portant departments of ACCI after the successful implementation of the project in Kabul.
The TIR Project manager will work under the direct supervision of the International Affairs Director and has the following responsibilities:
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||#HR_76|
|Closing Date:||07 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
. Be the contact person for the IRU/ TIR Department.
2. Attend meetings of the IRU Commission on Customs Matters.
3. Closely follow National Customs regulations affecting the application of the TIR Convention in the Country and inform the IRU TIR Department of any such regulation.
4. Be well acquainted with the provisions of the TIR Convention, the Deed and the Declaration of Engagement, as well as of the Association’s and Holder’s Manual, etc.
5. Overall responsible for smooth, effective and efficient operational activities of TIR project and day to day operations.
6. Prime responsible for planning, implementing and follow-up of TIR project activities.
7. Ensure effective coordination and communication within ACCI operation department, re-gional/provincial chambers/sub offices and other departments in terms of project activities.
8. Perform regular monitoring to supervise performance of his/her subordinates as well as ad-vise them for the improvement of their work.
9. Ensure that relevant updated government laws, policies, strategies, manuals and guidelines are communicated and a copy of them are available at TIR Center as reference in terms of TIR project.
10. Submit monthly activity reports of to line manger/donor on timely manner.
11. Ensure that proper recording and filing system is in place in project office and all incoming and outgoing memos, correspondence, letters are registered and sent to its destination on timely manner.
12. Develop Spirit of co-operation and understanding among members of the TIR project and other departments/units of ACCI.
13. Ensure that all the prepared documents are accordingly to the donor requirements.
14. Compilation of annual plans, action plans and activity reports on monthly and quarterly ba-ses.
15. Record, compile, analyses and interprets TIR project data and information.
16. Conduct initial & refresher workshops and training as well as provide on-job training to TIR Center staff.
17. Ensure quality in projects through provision of updated relevant and timely information for the purpose of planning, implementation and evaluation of the project.
18. Coordinate, conduct and participate regular meetings to discuss TIR project issues and elicit end user feedback.
19. Build and maintain excellent working relations with Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation, Ministry of Commerce and Industry Customs Authority, donor agencies, international organ-izations and government officials related to TIR system
20. Provide recommendations to the CEO for acquisition of TIR system and economic devel-opment projects.
21. Analyze the development programs of TIR system in Afghanistan.
22. Develop project ideas and interact with donor agencies toward developing and Expansion of the current project of TIR.
23. Build implementation structure with other departments of ACCI for implementation of TIR system in Afghanistan.
24. Coordinate, supervise, and evaluate TIR project implementation with ACCI technical staff.
25. Take all measures necessary to convince donor agencies for supporting the ACCI/TIR sys-tem and private sector development in the country.
26. Interacting with the government officials and convince them for supporting the ACCI /TIR system through donors.
27. Annual TIR project activity / operation plan is developed and submitted to CEO and COO.
28. TIR project action plan is developed and compiled
29. Set strategic TIR project goals and ensure achieving those.
30. Conduct SWOT and PEST Analysis and identify alternative strategies.
31. Develop TIR project tactical plans according to the strategic plans and proposal.
32. Conducted on time workshops and training according to TIR project activity plan.
33. Provide information on international innovations plans in TIR.
1. Fluent in Pashto-Dari and English.
2. High creativity in administration skills.
3. Strong ability and motivation.
4. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
5. Charismatic personality.
6. Be skilled in computer equipment.
7. Adequate knowledge of management is essential.
Higher education in project management / BA. or higher. At least 3 years of experience in project management
• Be Fluent in English,
• Be skilled in computer equipment
• Have good knowledge of the applicable national legislation
• Have a good organizational skill
• Be an executive member of the Association’s management staff and a very close collabora-tor to the secretary General of the Association.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Short listed candidates will be invited for exam and interview with the ACCI selection panel. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. We kindly ask all applicants not to inquire about their application status.
applicants must include the position title and vacancy number in the subject line. The files should not exceed 1 MB
Applications including covering letter and CV should be in one file and sent before 7 Dec 2016
Please clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line.
ACCI is an equal job opportunity employer and qualified female candidates are highly encouraging to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Internship at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||27 Jan 2017|
|Interpreter/Translator at INL/CSSP||Kabul||27 Jan 2017|
|مدیر عمومی تعرفه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewe..||Kandahar||01 Feb 2017|
|Translator and Newsletter Writer Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|National Administrative & Finance Assistant at Food and Agriculture Organ..||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|Receptionist (Female) at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Cook - آشپز (Guesthouse) at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|