Communication Advisor(1104 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
Reporting to the AJIS Team Manager, the AJIS Communications Advisor for the “Afghan Justice Institutions Strengthening (AJIS) Program” will lead on program activities related to communications support for the Afghan Independent Bar Association. This includes development of a communications strategy and assistance to improve the quality and sustainability of the Bar’s communication products and public awareness campaigns.
|Date Posted:||21 Nov 2016||Reference:||IDLO/AJIS/54/2016|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1600 to 2200 USD|
|Contract Type:||Special Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support AIBA on planning and conducting PLA campaigns at the provincial level, based on standardized communications tools already developed and approved by the AIBA Communications Unit;
• Finalize existing work to date on development of a communications strategy for AIBA;
• Present findings of assessments and activities undertaken with internal and external audiences, including AIBA management;
• Coordinate communications-related activities with other IDLO programs and external organizations;
• Ensure all communications activities incorporate a strong gender component in terms of audience and message;
• Advise AIBA to improve quality and financial sustainability of its publications;
• In coordination with the AJIS M&E Unit, monitor and evaluate communications activities;
• Work with AIBA to ensure that communications materials are pre-tested, proven effective, used efficiently by partners and impact the target group;
• Lead in the reporting and documentation of communications-related program results; and
• Perform any other similar duties as requested by AJIS management.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Demonstrated knowledge of capacity building approaches and development best practice;
Knowledge of communications planning, monitoring and assessment tools;
Solid understanding of communications as a strategic tool for organizational development;
Solid knowledge of social media platforms and traditional media, including print publications;
Understanding of the field of women’s rights and/or the legal sector is an asset;
Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and plan effectively, take initiative, and solve problems;
Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills;
Masters’ Degree in Communications, Media, Development Studies, or other related field.
A Bachelor’s Degree will be considered if combined with considerable relevant experience.
Minimum of five years of professional experience in behavior change communication and public awareness;
Experience in communications capacity building and working in an advisory role with external partners;
Experience in strategic communications, particularly development of communications strategies.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Communication
Please submit your CV to the given email address, and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position and the vacancy number for which you are applying.
Please read the above vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meets the above criteria. Applications not meeting the above criteria will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and a written test if required.
|More jobs in this category|
|Aid Communication and Coordination Advisor fo.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||13 May 2017|
|Information & Public Communication Advisor fo.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||09 May 2017|
|Multimedia Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||09 May 2017|
|Communications Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||09 May 2017|
|Spokesman for MoMP at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||06 May 2017|