District DRR Trainer(525 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Job purpose and Role:
The DRR district Trainer will be responsible for organising and conducting DRR Trainings for community, CBDMCs ( Community Based Disaster Management Committee), SBDMCs ( School Based Disaster Management Committee), (School Teachers and Students), and DDMC based on CBDP and SBDP developed Models. The post holder will be also responsible for raising DRR awareness, development of materials, follow-up of community based activities.
|Date Posted:||24 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-57|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify community potential natural disasters and Risk Mapping together with community
• Training need assessment and identification of the training and other needs of community and school with the assistance of DRR coordinator and project team
• Developing training Manuals with support and assistance of DRR coordinator
• Prepare DRR Training Plan as per the project objective and indicators
• Conduct DRR Trainings at different level of the community and schools as per the plan
• Follow-up and support the groups trained to act accordingly
• Provide support for CDMC to preparing Community Disaster Management Plans
• Provide support for SDMC to preparing School Disaster Management Plans
• Establishing and maintaining linkages among groups in the community
• Support the Project coordinator to generate qualitative and quantitative data to document milestones of project progress and submit to the Project Manager on monthly basis
• Preparing Training Reports on time
• Assist the Project Coordinator for conducting regular monitoring and reporting
• Keep the Project Coordinator updated on the progress of the project and any issues that may arise during the course of the implementation that needs Project Coordinator’s attention.
• Update the Project Coordinator on any information related to security and follow security instructions of the organisation strictly
• Any other task assigned by the Project Coordinator or senior management of Afghanaid
• Conducts training workshops as directed by the project manager and project coordinator
• Preparing Plans for conducting DRR awareness for CDMCs and SDMCs
• Analyse situation of communities for potential natural disasters.
• Trains DRR established committees in order to take part when disaster occurred.
• Serve as focal point for district community staff for sending and receiving data and information from the communities and from province office to district field offices.
• Perform any other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Familiarity with DRR and livelihood Projects
• Minimum 3 years prior experience in similar role
• Experienced in training DRR related issues
• Proven skill of community based DRR Training
• Ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Familiarity with Nangarhar province will be an advantage
• Able to communicate in local languages as well as minimum level of English
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, adaptability as well as excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Native fluency in local languages and demonstrated ability to write and read.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) Personal integrity and initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
4) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
5) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
6) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
7) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
8) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line latest by Nov 30, 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Assistant Capacity Building Manager (ACBM) at The QED Group LLC||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Development Manager at LIMITLESS Group||Kabul||11 Feb 2017|
|Counseling and Communication Program Officer .. at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||18 Jan 2017|
|REGIONAL INTERNSHIP AND APPRENTICESHIP COORDI.. at DAI||Balkh||17 Jan 2017|
|DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY - TECHNICAL at DAI||Kabul||30 Jan 2017|