Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator(748 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Job purpose and Role:
Reporting to the ARC Provincial Coordinator (READ -SRACAD) and coordinating closely with other senior staff of Afghanaid and Save the children at the provincial and HO levels, the position holder will ensure the programme implementation is going on as plan, regular monitoring visits of programme sites are being done, identify the gaps and proper and timely recommendation presented to the management for further action.
|Date Posted:||22 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-59|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing and developing a results-based monitoring plan which is derived from project log-frame;
• Setting up a project tracking system to measure progress made by the project against milestones;
• Setting up Output and Outcome indicators, explaining those to project staff and client communities, and obtaining their agreement on the use of the agreed indicators to measure results and objectives;
• Identifying data sources in the field, developing method of data collection, compilation, and upward reporting to project management team;
• Ensuring that both the project monitoring structure and results evidencing methodology provide objective measurement of community empowerment, gender equality and local ownership of project outputs;
• Taking care that monitoring data is discussed in appropriate forums (e.g. Provincial management team, Programme Implementation and Quality Department, Programme Development and Resource Mobilization (PDRM) Department and the Directorate) and in a timely fashion
• Advising project management teams on course correction measures based on findings from project mid-term reviews
• Engaging key stakeholders in important external evaluations to ensure an understanding of locally perceived impacts and challenges;
• Monitoring the follow up of recommendations arising out of evaluations by external sources;
• Preparing annual calendar of M&E activities and a detailed M&E budget
• Providing technical support to the Provincial Programme Coordinator in revising performance indicators of project-specific log-frames as and when required;
• Facilitating in external monitoring and evaluation missions and participating, if required;
• Developing annual budget and work plan for M&E activities and contributing to the development of the Package Annual Operating Plan;
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area and extensive professional experience in M&E.
• Six (6) years working in leading international NGO or government organization designing and managing outcomes and result-based M&E system to track progress.
• Experience in organizational level monitoring and evaluation system.
• 2 year experience in project cycle management.
• Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work
• Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies
• Displayed ability in preparing well-organised, coherent reports, templates and other documents
• Consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader
• Proven ability and results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment, adaptability, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
• Fluency in written English and local language and demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents and reports for diverse audiences.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
• High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
• Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
• A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar: Jalalabad
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line latest by Nov 30, 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Operation & Maintenance Supervisor at DACAAR||Kabul||11 Apr 2017|
|Music Director for Children radio program at Equal Access International||Kabul||31 Mar 2017|
|Project Management Specialist (Monitoring and.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Apr 2017|
|Program Manager at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||24 Mar 2017|
|Deputy Consortium Manager at Afghanaid||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Public Finance Manager at APFM||Kabul||26 Mar 2017|
|Public Finance Advisor at APFM||Kabul||26 Mar 2017|