Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Job purpose and Role:
The cook will be responsible for providing high quality food and with standard Hygiene for all Afghanaid staff under administration supervision.
|Date Posted:||24 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-56|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen, to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by Environmental Health Committee.
• To conform to the Care Home’s Food Hygiene procedures.
• Ensure all equipment used is well maintained, in good working order and to log any defects and report the manager.
• To prepare, cook and present well-balanced meals and beverages to the highest quality incorporating, cultural and dietary needs as required by the residents and staff of the Home.
• Work closely with residents to plan menus that reflect choice and preferences.
• Purchase supplies in accordance with the planned menu, whilst monitoring and controlling the service from suppliers.
• Ensure all stock ordered is consistent with planned menus that reflect choice and preference.
• Work closely with the operations team, by maintaining the hygiene environment.
• Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure catering services are provided to the appropriate standards to residents.
• Maintain and check First Aid equipment within the Kitchen.
• Maintain an accurate stock control.
• Carry out good food Management, temperature controls and Afghanaid documentation according to current Food Hygiene regulations
• Ability to Read, write and communicate in local languages.
• At least 5 years of work experience.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
• Self-starter - able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, adaptability as well as excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Native fluency in local languages and demonstrated ability to write and read.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) Personal integrity and initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
4) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
5) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
6) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
7) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
8) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar: Jalalabad
Secondary School, Administrative
Please email a covering letter of application and your including the job title and your name in the subject line latest by Nov 30, 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|DATA ENTRY ANALYST at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||06 May 2017|
|Chef at HUB Television and Sheba Radio||Kabul||03 May 2017|
|Admin and Finance Manager at Allamah University||Kabul||20 May 2017|
|Cleaner at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||02 May 2017|
|Program Assistant (PA) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||06 May 2017|
|Executive Assistant at Transcorp Lines||Kabul||10 May 2017|
|Trainer for Civil Society Actvities (CSO Memb.. at Afghanistan Rural Empo..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2017|
|Executive Assistant at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||05 May 2017|
|legal advisor at MOIA||Kabul||29 Apr 2017|
|Cleaner & Cook - Female at I Engineering Group||Kabul||27 May 2017|
|PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO COUNTRY HEAD at Grant Thornton Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|Plant/Site Administrator at Southern Development-Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|