Finance and Operations Manager(1952 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Job Purpose and Role:
The Finance & Operations Manager works alongside Provincial Coordinator/Manager and other Programme Managers to provide professional and timely financial, administrative, logistical and human resource management support. As a senior member of the Provincial Senior Management Team (SMT), the post holder is responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day finance and operations tasks in line with established policies and procedures; analysis of systems and processes and making recommendations for continuous improvement
|Date Posted:||24 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-55|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance/Accounting & Treasury:
1. Ensure that sufficient cash is available to meet immediate operational needs at provincial and district level in close collaboration with project managers and coordinators as well as Head Office finance.
2. Check and verify forms and vouchers to ensure that they are properly completed; the required supporting documents are attached; all donor, organisational and statutory requirements are complied with and that they are duly approved in line with the approval authority limits in place.
3. Ensure that expenditure is coded and captured correctly in the accounting system in terms of amounts, budget codes/lines, general ledger codes, project codes as well as any other analysis codes as may be applicable.
4. Maintain cash controls such as regular cash counting and ensure that cash in hand and bank accounts are reconciled at least once a month.
5. Maintain and monitor staff and supplier accounts to ensure that correct balances are reflected in the financial management system.
6. Conduct physical verification of assets at provincial and district levels as well as facilitate their disposal/write-off in line with organisational policy and the Afghanistan NGO law.
7. Ensure a fair and equitable charging of common/shared costs among projects based on cost allocation methodologies in line with Afghanaid and donor policies.
8. Ensure timely submission of tax returns for the province.
9. Promptly assist Programme Managers and PDRM personnel in the development proposal and operational budgets.
10. Provide Programme Managers with complete, timely, accurate and reliable financial information as well as discuss financial reports; establish and monitor follow-up action plans with them.
11. Implement necessary corrective actions against the internal control weaknesses identified in the internal and external audits reports.
12. Liaise with Head Office staff regarding provincial financial matters.
Administration & Logistics:
1. Supervise and/or implement the day-to-day administration and logistics activities of the Provincial Office and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records according to policy and procedure.
2. Ensure that all materials required for the projects are provided at the right quality, time and place as per request and that all purchases are made in a cost effective manner and in accordance with Afghanaid policy and procedure.
3. Establish, maintain and oversee up-to-date district and provincial office records, ordering, issuance/assignment, repair and maintenance of all fixed assets and inventory items.
4. Ensure proper coordination of meetings and workshops/conferences and associated services such as transport and lodging, for the provincial office.
5. Ensure all legal obligations of the offices and guest houses, e.g. lease agreement, maintenance contracts, are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner.
6. Be active promoter of healthy, clean, safe and well maintained living/working environments; suitable for both men and women.
7. Ensure and that hygienic and healthy food and drinks are served to staff.
8. Supervise, mentor and train administration and logistics staff.
9. Act as a liaison person with Head Office Operations for technical support.
Human Resources (HR):
1. Ensure all recruitment at provincial level is conducted in a transparent manner and in accordance with the Afghanaid policy and labour law as well as actively promote the employment of women.
2. Ensure that all records of all current and former personnel across the province are complete, accurate and up to date at all times; including payroll records and where required, submitted to head office in a timely manner.
3. Coordinate the safe and secure movement of staff and visitors and recording in the registration books.
4. Ensure that all staff have performance objectives set and they are reviewed regularly in a timely manner.
5. Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline and studying towards a professional accounting qualification.
More than 5 years of professional experience in finance and operations management of which at least 2 years should be in a management position.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable finance & operations team leader with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software including Accounting Packages, MS Office etc.
b. Working knowledge of budget development, monitoring & control as well as financial reporting and analysis.
c. Advanced knowledge of internal controls and donor rules and regulations
d. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
e. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
f. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
g. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
h. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
i. Sensitivity to gender issues.
j. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
k. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
l. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active
Afghanistan - Nangarhar: Jalalabad
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line latest by Nov 30, 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|INTERNAL AUDIT ToT TRAINERS at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Accounts/Finance Manager of Group at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||30 Mar 2018|
|Finance / Accounts Officer at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|کارمند جایداد at DABS||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|ADMIN/FINANCE ASSISTANT at DAI||Herat||18 Mar 2018|
|Senior Project Finance Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Grants Assistant at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Finance Officer at Big Bear Company||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Finance and Financial Sustainability Developm.. at IFRC||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Afghanistan Country Finance Monitor at Shan Globe Consulting Company||Kabul||22 Mar 2018|
|National Finance Officer-HPC Project at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|FINANCE MANAGER at DAI||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Budget Advisor at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||18 Mar 2018|
|Chief Finance Officer at Qasemi Group of Companies||Kabul||21 Apr 2018|
|General Financial Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Project Finance Controller at Huawei Technologies Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Mar 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|