Social Organizer(542 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Social Organisers will be responsible for organising and mobilizing the community for conducting DRR Trainings for communities, and Community Disaster Management Committee CDMC .The post holder will be also responsible for raising DRR awareness, development of HVCA and community DRR action Plan, supporting DRR trainer
|Date Posted:||24 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-62|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Community mobilization and DRR awareness for targeted communities
• Identify community potential natural disasters based on the criteria given and disaster prone community
• Facilitation on selection of DRR subcommittee based criteria
• Conducting DRR training for DRR sub committees
• Supporting DRR subcommittees on developing of HVCA
• Analyse situation of communities for potential natural disasters.
• Supporting of DRR subcommittees on preparing of community DRR action plan and updating the CDPs
• Supporting DRR trainer to Developing training Manuals for DRR sub committees
• Supporting DRR trainer to Prepare DRR Training Plan with NSP DRR master trainer support
• Supporting DRR trainer to Preparing Training Reports on time
• Update the project senior team on any information related to security and follow security instructions of the organisation strictly
• Any other task assigned by the Project Coordinator or DRR trainer and other senior management of Afghanaid
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum 3 years prior experience in similar role
• Commitment to humanitarian principles.
• Familiarity with DRR and livelihood Projects
• Familiarity with NSP project cycle, tools and process
• Experienced in training DRR related issues
• Proven skill of community based DRR Training
• Ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Familiarity with Nangarhar province
• Able to communicate in local languages as well as minimum level of English.
• Familiarity with computer is preferred
• Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
Self-starter - able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, adaptability as well as excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Native fluency in local languages and demonstrated ability to write and read.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) Personal integrity and initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
4) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
5) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
6) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
7) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
8) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line latest by Nov 30, 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Policy and Program Specialist – National at Afghanistan Capacity Buildi..||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Communication Manager for Education at Equal Access International||Kabul||14 Dec 2016|
|National Program Operations Director at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership De..||Kabul||13 Dec 2016|
|Grants Specialist at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Deputy Chief of Party at INTERNEWS NETWORK||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|