Provincial Agriculture and Watershed Management Coordinator(1289 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Reporting to the ARC project manager (SRACAD) and coordinating closely with other senior staff of Afghanaid provincial level and stakeholders of the project at provincial and head office levels, the position holder will ensure the programme implementation is going on as planned, regular monitoring visits of programme sites are being done, project implementation is ensured on quality bases and effective communication and coordination is ensured at provincial level.
|Date Posted:||24 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-60|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Agriculture and watershed coordinator will serve as:
1) Focal person for overall project activities, coordination, reporting, documentation and communications at provincial level.
2) Specifically responsible for community based Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM).
• Attend relevant meetings at provincial, district and watershed level and provide report to project manage.
• Closely coordinate project activities with sub basin agency (SBA), directorate of agriculture, irrigation and livestock (DAIL), directorate of environment protection agency (DEPA), provincial disaster management authority (ANDMA), directorate of economic (DoE) and directorate of women affairs (DoWA) as key stakeholders of the project.
• Provide technical backstopping to the project staff in watershed management particularly in the areas of planning and implementing, participatory water resource management initiatives, updating operational and maintenance plans of watersheds plans, community based forest management, community based rangeland management, community based protection walls and other required structure management and data management on watershed management as well.
• Closely work with project staff to ensure project activities are implementing on time and on quality bases too.
• Responsible for facilitation of community plan for bench and ridge terraces construction in order to control water speed and prevent soil erosion.
• Responsible for implementation of community watershed plan in terms of check-dams construction for better management of soil erosion and vegetation cover in the field as well.
• Take care of climate change, especially of effective use of biomass and renewable energy so that to ensure communities are adapting to the negative effects of climate change.
• Data collection, data analysis and producing zero draft reports on opportunities, challenges and government plans for watershed management in the province.
• Encourage watershed users and relevant stakeholders to plan and implement a participatory watershed management plan where communities take steps forward for effective management of forest, water, soil and rangelands.
• Responsible for establishing and management of community based disaster management committees to ensure community level management of the natural disasters.
• Responsible for establishment, capacity building and sustaining school based disaster management committees.
• Serve as bridge between district/ province and head office in terms of reporting and communication.
• Take active part in regularly communications with project manager, provincial management and stakeholders of the project at provincial level.
• To perform any other related duties as required by the line manager.
• BSc in Agroforestry/ Watershed management or relevant field
• At least 5 years working in leading international NGO or government organization in the same area
• Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work
• Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies
• Displayed ability in preparing well-organised, coherent reports, templates and other documents
• Consistent and proven track record as an exceptional team player and leader
• Proven ability and results from mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at a distance in the field.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment, adaptability, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
• Fluency in written English and local language and demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents and reports for diverse audiences.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
• High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
• Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
• A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line latest by Nov 30, 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Prog.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|Senior Outreach and Advocacy Officer at DAI||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|Social Organizer at Afghanaid||Samangan||06 Jan 2018|
|Social Organizer at Afghanaid||Samangan||06 Jan 2018|
|Enterprise and Marketing Officer at Afghanaid||Samangan||06 Jan 2018|
|National Programme Officer Rule of Law and Go.. at Swiss Development Coop..||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|