Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
This position is responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance of Afghanaid vehicles the timely delivery and collection of the procurement process for all departments and safe delivery of staff to their respective destinations.
This position is required to conduct periodic checks of the vehicles and respond appropriately. This position is expected to purchase items and deliver those items and/or Afghanaid staff to their respective destinations.
The Driver will be responsible to ensure safe and responsible driving of office vehicles, properly maintain it and running of official errands and assisting with other office services.
|Date Posted:||24 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-2016-58|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To take care of assigned vehicle; prepare it for field trips (ensuring sufficient vehicle maintenance prior to trip, availability of spare tires, first-aid kits, snow-chains, etc.), maintain it during trip (including secure parking) and clean the vehicle on completion of trip.
• Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorised personnel, plan and schedule routing.
• To report to the administration any accidents or malfunctions of the vehicle on immediate.
• Undertake long and short trips as required
• Bring and take back the Afghanaid staff before and after the office hours daily
• Properly check oils and fuels of his vehicle during trip and when necessary undertake smaller repairs
• Know and obey traffic rules and know the special rules of Afghanaid (e.g. avoiding military convoys, not driving after dark, avoid potential mines [off-road driving], etc.
• Sign all the related document of his trip by related officer
• Fill in the vehicle log book properly
• Be helpful to the passenger within the limit of logistics rules and Afghanaid Security Manual
• wash his vehicle and keep clean it all the time
• Report his arrival and departure from any regional offices to the administrator officer
• Deliver a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes
• Follow route and time schedule
• Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle
• Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.
• Supervise the loading and unloading of the vehicle as well as the organization and safety of packages in his/her vehicle
• Stay close to the vehicle and be available at all times
• Respect the traffic rules, speed limits and braking distances and adjust his/her speed according to road conditions
• Ensure that passengers and vehicle return before nightfall
• Ensure that there is enough fuel for each trip
• Park the vehicle in a suitable place, ‘ready to leave’
• Follow the established procedure in case of accident
• Before each journey, check that all vehicle documentation, a break-down kit, and other safety equipment is on-board the vehicle and that the communications equipment is in good working order
• To perform any other related duties as required by the line manager.
• Post-secondary education
• Strong understanding of the local area, places and culture
• Possess understanding vehicle operating systems
• Knowledge of Mechanic and ability to drive Trucks are is highly desirable.
• Honest, active and well mannered.
• Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
• More than 5 years of professional experience in driving specifically in NGO.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, adaptability as well as excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
• Native fluency in local languages and demonstrated ability to write and read.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
• Personal integrity and initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
• Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
• A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar: Jalalabad
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line latest by Nov 30, 2016. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Young Professional Consultant (YPC) at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Driver at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Travel Assistant FSN-07 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Regional Admin/finance clerk - Herat at NEI (Nutrition and Education Inte..||Herat||31 Mar 2018|
|Regional Manager at CYEEO||Multi Cities||25 Mar 2018|
|Admin/Finance at Sky Carvan Travel||Kabul||01 Apr 2018|
|Deliverables Specialist/Administrative Assist.. at Afghanistan Holding Gr..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|