Regional Manager - Kandahar(1428 Views)
About IDS Afghanistan
IDS AFGHANISTAN is a leading provider of social science research and analysis throughout Afghanistan. IDS AFGHANISTAN combines local, regional, and cultural expertise with international standards in communications, research, and analysis. We strive to enable governments, the international community, civil society, and private sector to build strategies and decisions that are evidence-based and anchored in a fine balance of local realities and international imperatives.
IDS Afghanistan is implementing partner for USAID’s 5-year Monitoring Support Program (MSP) for Southern and Western regions in Afghanistan. The objective of MSP is to provide USAID with 3rd party monitoring data on ongoing project implementation.
Under the direct supervision of the COP/DCOP or Sr. M&E Manager, the Regional Manager will be responsible for management of management functions in support of the program in a fair and transparent manner. RM support in delivery of an effective HR functions will play a vital role in the program structure.
|Date Posted:||22 Nov 2016||Reference:||IDSA-044|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Day to day management of the regional office and oversee operations of provincial M&E teams operating in the region.
• Produce strategic and operational plans for the MSP TO#2 operations at region level.
• Assist in completion of M&E plans for overall regional activities
• Supervise Regional M&E coordinators/specialists, provincial M&E coordinators and Administration and Logistics Officers.
• Represent IDS - MSP in the region and build relations with relevant national and international agencies and the local government authorities.
• Manage capacity building activities for MSP regional team and stake holders, if directed
• Assess the training requirements of the regional personnel and develop a capacity building plan in consultation with the MSP Management and Capacity Building Specialist.
• Ensure that the staff and stake holders’ capacity building plan is executed.
• Manage general administration and logistic support for monitoring teams throughout the region
• Manage and coordinate M&E teams field visits with local authorities, relevant stake holders and if requires with USAID Technical IPs local point of contacts
• Oversee ongoing implementation of the MSP, Monitoring Support Project Task Order #2 in accordance to M&E plan and other deliverables requirement.
• Prepare and submit weekly, bi-weekly and monthly report to MSP management
• Recruit, screen and make hiring recommendation of subordinate staffs
• Participate in routine and ad hoc management meetings remotely or in person
• Assist in preparation of monthly budgets/fund request for regional operations such as staffs salary/wages payment and office supply.
• Make sure monthly financial reports, including financial statements, and other reports according to established format and deadlines are prepared and submitted to the MSP HQ in Kabul.
• The Regional Manager must be able to work independently when asked and take initiative to solve problems without being asked.
• The Regional Manager must do his/her job without being reminded of routine tasks or requests made by his/her supervisor.
• At least 5 years management experience with a good knowledge of Program/operation management
• Experience in conducting Monitoring, Verification, and Validation and Research activities.
• Fluent knowledge of speaking and written English, Dari and Pashto.
• Knowledge of technology devices such as smart phone applications, computer, MS Office and basic internet skill.
• Knowledge of local area with good accessibility to remote locations and security awareness.
• Demonstrated experience of managing a team. Team-leadership skills and cultural sensitivity.
• Demonstrated capacity to set priorities in a highly pressured environment.
• Qualifications in general management or development studies with minimum bachelor degree.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Bachelors Degree, Management
Please submit complete applications including:
1. Current CV, including two reference persons' contact information
2. Letter of application stating the candidate’s motivation, interest and suitability
3. Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: Application for the post of “Kandahar Regional Manager IDSA-044”
4. Submission without proper subject will be discarded from the process
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date (05-Dec-2016) will not be given consideration. Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|HR Director at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||23 Jun 2017|
|Office Manager at Artlords||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|Field Coordinator at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Servic..||Herat||28 May 2017|
|Secretary at MOIA||Kabul||27 May 2017|
|Social Program Manager at ARZU STUDIO HOPE||Bamian||14 Jun 2017|
|عضو آمریت GIS و احصائیه at ATRA||Kabul||28 May 2017|