Cultural Affairs Specialist FSN-10(2242 Views)
About U.S. Embassy
U.S. Embassy Kabul Afghanistan
Cultural Affairs Specialist FSN-10
|Date Posted:||22 Nov 2016||Reference:||16-140|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the A/CAO and the general supervision of the CAO, the incumbent uses expert knowledge in the educational and cultural fields and highly developed knowledge of all major fields of interest to the Mission (politics, foreign policy, economic development, trade, environment, and independently plans and implements the full range of Public Affairs exchanges support of Mission Strategic Plan goals, etc.), serves as a) the advisor and manager for post's exchange programs, b) the specialist and advisor on Afghanistan's education and educational reform, c) the specialist for American Specialist Programs with focus on American literature, language, and civilization.
d) primary contact with the Minister of higher Education, Ministry of Education officials, university rectors, deans and Department chairpersons, and with high level officials of various Ministries as required by a given type of program (e.g. exchange program. In carrying out these responsibilities, incumbent uses considerable independent judgement, working under the general supervision of Cultural Affairs Officer and/or Public Affairs Officer.
The Cultural Affairs Specialist is responsible for the overall management, strategic planning, and developing of exchange programs. The Cultural Affairs specialist designs and oversees outreach activities for recruitment of exchange programs, including initiating and maintaining ongoing personal contact with key audience member$. Post depends on the cultural affairs specialist in order to perform necessary research, to provide reference materials, and to meet the goals of the Mission Program Plan. The cultural affairs specialist monitors the development and importance of exchange programs in host country), evaluates its importance to programs, and recommends cost-effective strategies.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to organize and manage the exchange programs. Ability to establish and maintain high level contacts in educational, govt, cultural institutions, & circles. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of Americans & Afghans program participants & organizers. Must be a self-starter who displays strong initiative, follow-through, resourcefulness &organization. Ability to solve problems independently and provide recommendations for process improvements.
1. EDUCATION: College studies are required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in educational and cultural programs or program management is required. This includes a wide range of educational system of host country.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (fluent) English, Dari and Pashto is required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Expert knowledge of Afghan society, educational system, cultural, social political, and economic structure, history, culture institutions, political parties, cultural movements, ethnic groups, tribes, and key figures in the government, mass media, educational institutions and professional circles. Thorough knowledge of universities and educational systems in the U.S. and Afghanistan. Thorough knowledge of Mission's exchange programs and guidelines are required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Kabul
Subject line must be: (Cultural Affairs Specialist VA 16-140) or your application may not be considered.
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|تحویلدار at DABS||Kabul||30 Jan 2018|
|Internship at DACAAR||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Cook at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Country Director at Afghan Knowledge Solution||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|GENERAL LABOURER at Resolute Support||Kabul||09 Feb 2018|
|Gender Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|