Cultural Affairs Specialist FSN-10(2425 Views)
About U.S. Embassy
U.S. Embassy Kabul Afghanistan
Cultural Affairs Specialist FSN-10
|Date Posted:||22 Nov 2016||Reference:||16-140|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the A/CAO and the general supervision of the CAO, the incumbent uses expert knowledge in the educational and cultural fields and highly developed knowledge of all major fields of interest to the Mission (politics, foreign policy, economic development, trade, environment, and independently plans and implements the full range of Public Affairs exchanges support of Mission Strategic Plan goals, etc.), serves as a) the advisor and manager for post's exchange programs, b) the specialist and advisor on Afghanistan's education and educational reform, c) the specialist for American Specialist Programs with focus on American literature, language, and civilization.
d) primary contact with the Minister of higher Education, Ministry of Education officials, university rectors, deans and Department chairpersons, and with high level officials of various Ministries as required by a given type of program (e.g. exchange program. In carrying out these responsibilities, incumbent uses considerable independent judgement, working under the general supervision of Cultural Affairs Officer and/or Public Affairs Officer.
The Cultural Affairs Specialist is responsible for the overall management, strategic planning, and developing of exchange programs. The Cultural Affairs specialist designs and oversees outreach activities for recruitment of exchange programs, including initiating and maintaining ongoing personal contact with key audience member$. Post depends on the cultural affairs specialist in order to perform necessary research, to provide reference materials, and to meet the goals of the Mission Program Plan. The cultural affairs specialist monitors the development and importance of exchange programs in host country), evaluates its importance to programs, and recommends cost-effective strategies.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to organize and manage the exchange programs. Ability to establish and maintain high level contacts in educational, govt, cultural institutions, & circles. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of Americans & Afghans program participants & organizers. Must be a self-starter who displays strong initiative, follow-through, resourcefulness &organization. Ability to solve problems independently and provide recommendations for process improvements.
1. EDUCATION: College studies are required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in educational and cultural programs or program management is required. This includes a wide range of educational system of host country.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (fluent) English, Dari and Pashto is required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Expert knowledge of Afghan society, educational system, cultural, social political, and economic structure, history, culture institutions, political parties, cultural movements, ethnic groups, tribes, and key figures in the government, mass media, educational institutions and professional circles. Thorough knowledge of universities and educational systems in the U.S. and Afghanistan. Thorough knowledge of Mission's exchange programs and guidelines are required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Kabul
Subject line must be: (Cultural Affairs Specialist VA 16-140) or your application may not be considered.
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Scholarship for Afghan Females at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Interns – Bright Future Program at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Grants & Communications Advisor at DACAAR||Kabul||13 Jun 2018|
|Program Assistant FSN-08 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|(تحویلدار جنسی (سروبی at DABS||Kabul||04 Jun 2018|
|HRMIS Database Technical Advisor RE Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|Orthopaedic Technician at Ministry of Public Health||Khost||03 Jun 2018|
|Demining Team Medic at Afghan Technical Consultants||Multi Cities||25 May 2018|
|Demining Field Medical Officer (MD) at Afghan Technical Consultants||Multi Cities||25 May 2018|
|Program Assistant (Gender Justice Advisor) FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||23 May 2018|
|Program Assistant (PA) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Balkh||24 May 2018|
|Hygiene & Sanitation Supervisor Emergency Cou.. at DACAAR||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Guard at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services for Afgha..||Herat||27 May 2018|
|Admin /Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Zabul||26 May 2018|
|ولدنگ کار at DABS||Kabul||27 May 2018|
|تکنیشنن اکسری at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|Day and Night Mentors at OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSAMD||Kabul||26 May 2018|
|Site Maintenance Assistant (Helper) at United Nations World Food Programm..||Kabul||23 May 2018|
|Cook آشپز at DRCC||Kabul||24 May 2018|