Senior M&E Officer(1321 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under overall supervision of project manager and direct supervision Sr. M&E specialist sr. M&E officer will be placed in PST- CLAP and will support the sr. M&E specialist inestablishing M&E system, developing data collection tools, data collection, analysis and report writing. Also he/ she will assist in designing and maintaining program databases; monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
|Date Posted:||23 Nov 2016||Reference:||0092Re-Senior M&E Officer/MAIL/CLAP|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Support all M&E initiatives for assigned projects including :
o Assist in developing the overall framework for project M&E in accordance to the project design documents.
o Review project log-frame and assist in developing M&E Plan, indicator and result tracking sheet.
o Develop data collection tools for project's all components and assess information needs, provide technical guidance and work with M&E unit head to determine key issues and requirements of the M&E system
o Collect data for all three level indicators to track implementation, identify the requirement for collecting baseline data, prepare terms-of-reference for and arrange and conduct of baseline and other studies, as required.
o Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning.
o Based on the annual work plan, design the framework for the physical and process, post implementation monitoring of project activities.
o Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned, best practices and innovation .
o Conduct regular monitoring visit to the field and prepare report on the mission findings and provide recommendations for corrective actions/ decision making
o Lead and commission annual outcome survey, prepare reports and present survey finding to the respective stakeholders and PST.
o Work closely with KM specialist and Gender specialist and provide data/ information on need base.
o Support/ assist KM specialist in the provision of inputs for success stories/ newsletters publication.
o Train YPC in the basic of M&E , data collection and report writing
o Assist/ Prepare monthly, quarter, six months and annual reports.
o Assist in the preparation of project completion report after project closure.
o Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good level of proficiency in Windows and quantitative analysis
• Ability to design M&E and surveys tools and excellent data analysis and interpretation skill.
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication, team working and problem solving skills;
• Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
• Knowledge of information systems;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Proven experience in report writing;
• Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English;
• Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Veterinary or any other related field. Master degree will be given preference.
• Understanding of social sciences and statistic will be an asset
• Ability to work under pressure;
• At least from 5-8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation with the government or International NGOs
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter, the follow up conditions apply:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically
• Kindly send us your Educational Documents.
• Subject line must be: (0092Re-Senior M&E Officer/MAIL/CLA) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidates’ educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test.
By email or Hard to the following address:
Jamal Mena, Karti – Sakhi
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Rural Microfinance and Livestock Support Program
Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||27 Jul 2017|
|Senior Poultry Officer at CARD-F||Logar||27 Jun 2017|
|Agricultural Credit Trainer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Kabul||26 Jun 2017|
|Farmers Call Center Officer at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||24 Jun 2017|
|Agrochemicals Trainer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||24 Jun 2017|