University Operations Coordinator(1011 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP).The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Project will also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The position is for the duration of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. There will be a probation period of three months. Annual performance evaluations will be organized by the Director OMST.
|Date Posted:||23 Nov 2016||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 021|
|Closing Date:||13 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the University Operations Coordinator are to:
• The University Operations Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager for Universities and regularly reports to the Director of the OMST.
• Play a key role in planning, coordination and management of HEDP supported activities in the university.
• Play a key role in the development of annual, semi-annual, quarterly plans and progress reports of the university as relevant to the HEDP.
• Assist the Chancellors in the implementation and monitoring of HEDP activities including Academic Affairs, Professional and Faculty Staff Development, Curriculum Revision and Material Development, provision of Infrastructure, Teaching, and Learning Facilities, in Research and Graduate Instructions, Governance, Capacity Building, and Financial Affairs, in Access, Expansion, and Higher Education Structure, Accreditation and Quality Assurance.
• Assist in strengthening the capacity of the university administration in development of annual and semi-annual action plans and reporting system.
• Undertake any other duties as directed by the managers for the university operations, the OMST to enable the results of the HEDP to be delivered.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations and computer literate
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the universities
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
• Good knowledge of local administrative, budgetary and financial practices
• Effective human resource management skills
• Effective Project Management Skills
• Effective Financial Management & Administration Skills
• Effective Core Budget projects knowledge
• Good Knowledge of Procurement and Logistics Management
• Ability to work in crises management
• Effective organizational and administrative skills
• Good knowledge of employment and economic development issues
• Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode
• Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
• Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
• Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time
• Possess critical thinking and analytical skills
• Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan
University degree in Education, Project Management, Public Administration, Sciences, Engineering, Medicine, Mathematics, Business, Economics or an equivalent field, at least 4-years relevant working experience and relevant experience coordinating donor funded projects.
Afghanistan - Faryab
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) HR office at the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) located in Karta-e-4, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to). Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Operations Officer at Futures Group Global Outreach||Kabul||01 Aug 2017|
|Deputy Chief of Party at Sayara International||Kabul||22 Jul 2017|
|University Operations Coordinator at HEDP / MoHE||Khost||01 Aug 2017|
|Chief Operations Officer at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||10 Aug 2017|