Focal Point(576 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 90 staff members and 381 Local Monitors. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Bamyan, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Parwan, Baghlan, and Kunduz.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
Focal Point will perform a series of issues related to the project such as mobilizing the community, managing trials monitoring process and the data comes from the field, leading the local monitoring group, coordinating field work. She/he also reports every two weeks to the program officer and maintains business relation with stakeholder.
|Date Posted:||23 Nov 2016||Reference:||0199/ 2016|
|Closing Date:||01 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure in a professional sound, efficient and effective manner the execution of the tasks outlined in these ToR.
- To motivate and encourage communities to promote accountability and transparency in their communities through monitoring the courts and trails in their areas of living.
- Establish and maintain respectful and effective relations with the target communities.
- Treat information of IWA internal issues confidentially and respect the general IWA principles and values.
- Manage and develop sound relation between Local Monitors and court officials.
- Maintain good relation with communities and involve them in monitoring of court transparency.
The Community Facilitator has the competence to take appropriate measures to implement a work plan for the tasks under his/her responsibility. Such weekly or monthly work plans (project monitoring plan) have to be submitted to Senior Program Officer for coordination and approval.
- To establish relation with community shuras, CSOs, Village community groups, or community institution to involve them in process of court monitoring.
- Organizing the local communities, leading the local monitoring group, managing the monitoring process, visiting the courts, and leading surveys conducting by LMs.
- Organizing and coordination field works.
- Gathering and managing the data collection from the field.
- Offering field report to the program officer every week.
- Field visit and work closely with LMs in monitoring of trails and assist the LMG in their daily activities.
- Identify areas for improving within shuras and CSOs.
- Identify the village influential peoples and potential mobilizers
- Create an atmosphere of mutual trust and cooperation with communities.
- Identify the most vulnerable people and the women headed household for adopted program support
- Assist the shuras to organize related meetings within the community
- Introduce IWA and CBM-T principles and working strategy to the communities
- Communicate problems and obstacles of the community to the Senior Program Officer.
• Experience in community mobilization.
• Familiar with judicial sector
• Have worked with communities or judicial sector
• Have experience of field supervision
• Must be graduated from Law/ Shareyat faculty.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
• Fluent in Dari and Pashto both written and verbal, English is an asset
Afghanistan - Kapisa
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: In the e-mail subject line please write “Focal Point Kapisa” and your name.
The deadline for applications is 01 December 2016. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Advisor (Security/Operations) at INL/CSSP||Kabul||04 Apr 2017|
|SENIOR POLICY ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||30 Mar 2017|
|Proposal Writer for (Law and Sharia, Legal an.. at Afghanistan Rural Empo..||Multi Cities||18 Apr 2017|