Information Assistant(2631 Views)
About U.S. Embassy
U.S. Embassy Kabul Afghanistan
Information Assistant FSN-08 Trainee Level FSN-07
|Date Posted:||26 Nov 2016||Reference:||16-141&16;-141T|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Webmaster/Social Media Coordinator is the primary person in charge of the Mission’s presence on digital platform. Designs and implements digital outreach campaigns across all platforms and manages the Mission’s social media platforms. Advises PAS and other Mission staff on social media trends, including ways digital outreach affects our bilateral relationship and how to best reach target audiences. Develops and implements media campaigns to highlight Embassy events and programs in furtherance of Mission goals and objectives. Develops and maintains contacts with media, government, and communications professionals. Trains/orients other staff on the use of digital media. Maintains active knowledge of U.S policies and Mission activities. Formats, edits, posts, and deletes content in order to communicate the Mission’s policies, programs, and activities to the public via the internet. Ensures that information published on the website and Facebook is current, relevant and accurate.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and follow directions and guidance easily. Must have the ability to follow-up on program details independently. Must have the ability to draft official correspondence in English and Dari, and tailor correspondence to the desired audience across the entire range of extremely informal to extremely formal communications. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Must demonstrate that he/she can work well under pressure, be reliable, follow schedules, meet and anticipate deadlines, and has high level customer service skills. Must possess problem solving skills related to promoting U.S. programs and policies
VA 16-141 Full Performance Level:
1. EDUCATION: 2 years of post-secondary studies are required.
2. EXPERIENCE: one year of professional level experience in web design/maintenance, digital media outreach is required. Experience in graphic design and/ or video production is desirable.
VA 16-0141 Trainee Level:
1. EDUCATION: 2 years of post-secondary studies are required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Six months of professional level experience in web design/maintenance, digital media outreach is required. Experience in graphic design and/ or video production is desirable.
1. EDUCATION: High School diploma is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: three years of professional level experience in web design/maintenance, digital media outreach is required. Experience in graphic design and/ or video production is desirable.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (fluent) English and Dari and Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Pashto is required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of and fluency in multiple social media platforms (Le. Facebook, Twitter, lnslagram, Flickr, YouTube, Hootsuite, and others). Must know how to use MS Office applications, website administration including: Front Page, DHTML coding, Photoshop, Dream Weaver and related interactive languages and technologies. Ability to design, create and maintain a Facebook Page, and know how to navigate the Internet and other on-tine media tools and platforms is required. Familiarity with mobile devices, digital cameras, scanners, copiers and a range of printers is required. Experience programming branded campaigns, high level of creativity, understanding of metrics in measuring engagement/traffic, ability to write well; including the ability to edit and adapt existing resources including video and photos for digital outreach is required. Thorough knowledge of Afghanistan's political, economic, social, and educational structures, and cultural institutions; and an understanding of U.S. society, culture, and politics.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Kabul
Subject line must be: (Information Assistant VA 16-141 & 16-141T) or your application may not be considered.
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Subcontract Specialist at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||06 Feb 2017|
|Project Officer at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||02 Feb 2017|
|Plumber/Mechanic at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Maintenance Officer/Store Keeper at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Senior Officer for SIAs Operation at National.. at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|kandahar School Engagement Focal Point at Reg.. at RIZ Conslting Services||Kandahar||10 Feb 2017|
|Provincial EQUIP Officer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Paktika||01 Feb 2017|
|Master Trainer – Project Management at Emerging Leaders Consulting Serv..||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Security Receptionist at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Technology Consultant at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Specialist for PMO/MoMP at PMO||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|oxford manger at Shams London Academy||Kabul||08 Feb 2017|
|مدیر تدریسی at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Finance Manager at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Cleaner at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|ادمیشن افسر at Shams London Academy||Khost||08 Feb 2017|
|Admission Officer at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Admin Manager at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|English and TOEFL iBT instructors at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Hydro geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Cook/ Cleaner at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|معتمد جنسی at DABS||Baghlan||05 Feb 2017|
|Data Archiving and IT Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|کارمند خدماتی at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||30 Jan 2017|
|Re-Announce -Recruitment Assistant at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Health Care Waste Management (HCWM) Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Commerce and Trade Specialist (National) at Afghanistan Capacity Building..||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Head of Program Management Information System at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Senior Hydro Geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|رئیس پلان وقوانین at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس مراقبت های صحی کوچی .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اقتصاد وتمویل صحت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Program Management Specialist FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Gardener FSN - 02 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Guard at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Servant (خادمه) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Coffee Maker(قهوه ساز) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Sr. Gender Advisor at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|ARCHITECT FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|Business Development Head at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Cashier at DABS||Kabul||23 Jan 2017|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|