Systems Engineer - Oracle(1164 Views)
About GTR Group
Grand Technology Resources - GTR is the leading Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Solution Company specialized in IT application, Infrastructure solutions and integrating technology into business strategy and business process. Here at GTR we help business, government institutions, and private organizations to gain competitive advantages and achieve their goals with our ICT Solutions & Services.
Headquartered in Kabul Afghanistan, GTR was previously Malaysian-Afghan owned company, but as per the vision of our CEO and President Mr. Mirwais Alizai, the company was transferred to the Afghan-Malaysian proprietorship and currently it is a multi – million dollar industrial leader company with physical presence in Afghanistan, Malaysia, UAE, South Korea and expanding.
For more information on company background please visit company website at www.gtr.com.my
To assist the Technical group with the day to day administration, maintenance and support of the eNID Systems and Security facilities including Oracle Servers, Databases and Web Applications. Additionally, to support and execute IT Projects according to established Project Management processes, procedures and standards.
|Date Posted:||26 Nov 2016||Reference:||007/ 2016|
|Closing Date:||11 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Providing technical and operational support for the ENID Server and SAN (CLUSTERING) Infrastructure Facilities.
2. Assist with the service, maintenance and administrative activities to maintain efficient and effective system operations. Troubleshoot and resolve network and security infrastructure facility malfunctions.
3. Administration and Troubleshooting of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) environment on Oracle 11gR2.
4. Installation, Upgrade, Patching, Security, Cluster Administration/ configuration of Oracle SUN Solaris OS and Linux OS.
5. Daily health Check and reporting of all the infrastructure resources including the Systems, Databases, web applications and services.
6. Ability to respond to deadlines in case of system/ service malfunctions and troubleshoot to resolve the issues.
7. Knowledge of SAN Storage administration and troubleshooting is a must.
8. Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of SAN Storage.
9. Knowledge of SUN iLO and XSCF is a must.
10. Perform system administration duties, prepare procedures, or provide support to personnel involved in system administration activities.
11. Advanced knowledge of Oracle Database Administration (11gR2) is a must.
12. Basic Knowledge of SAN switches including Brocade is a must.
13. Knowledge of RAID Configuration and Administration is a must.
14. Hardware knowledge on SUN MX000 Series Servers, SUN T3 Systems and SUN X42XX systems are an advantage.
15. Hands on experience with Oracle RMAN (Recovery manager)
16. Practical knowledge and experience with SUN Tape library solutions is a plus
17. Practical knowledge and experience with Symantec NetBackup, Oracle Secure Backup, HP Data Protector or equivalent.
18. Technical Documentation and Presentation skills are must.
19. Perform other duties as required.
Should have minimum of 5 Years of experience in System and Servers which requires experience in the design, development and support of servers and security systems including:
• Oracle 11g Database
• SUN Solaris 10 Knowledge
• SUN Cluster knowledge
• Networking Concept
• Sun Hardware Knowledge
• Working Knowledge with Oracle Weblogic Server is a great advantage.
• Working knowledge with Sun Brocade Switches is an advantage.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
• Good analytical and reporting skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Deadline oriented individual.
• Ability to work extra hours including off days (if required)
• Proven excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrates organizational skills.
• A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
• A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
Requires knowledge of computer science subjects and disciplines in order to design, manage and support small to large-scale security systems and networks. Specific knowledge would include project management, networking and security administration. Requires knowledge and experience of technical writing for preparing effective reports, procedures and training materials.
Academic Degree is Must, Bachelor in Computer Science is an advantage.
Must have the industry standard Certification - Minimum OCP Is must.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a cover letter and contact details, no later than December 11, 2016, mentioning the “position title” in the e-mail subject line . Only short listed candidates will be informed. The applicant should write the position name in the subject line.
Contact # 0093 (0) 786 592 087
|More jobs in this category|
|Computer Science - Lecturer at AryaNet Academy||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Webmaster at Plan Future Consultancy Services||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Senior Software Development Manager at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|