Oracle Database Administrator(1018 Views)
About GTR Group
Grand Technology Resources - GTR is the leading Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Solution Company specialized in IT application, Infrastructure solutions and integrating technology into business strategy and business process. Here at GTR we help business, government institutions, and private organizations to gain competitive advantages and achieve their goals with our ICT Solutions & Services.
Headquartered in Kabul Afghanistan, GTR was previously Malaysian-Afghan owned company, but as per the vision of our CEO and President Mr. Mirwais Alizai, the company was transferred to the Afghan-Malaysian proprietorship and currently it is a multi – million dollar industrial leader company with physical presence in Afghanistan, Malaysia, UAE, South Korea and expanding.
For more information on company background please visit company website at www.gtr.com.my
The Oracle DBA will be responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of oracle databases at our customer sites. This role also includes architecting, building and scaling databases for future data growth and capacity. He/she will also be responsible for security, performance and availability of data to authorized users.
|Date Posted:||26 Nov 2016||Reference:||008/ 2016|
|Closing Date:||11 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
• Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases.
• Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
• Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
• Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
• Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
• Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
• Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
• Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform views on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
• Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
• Provides technical support to application development teams. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Oracle RDBMS.
• Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
• Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
• Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
• Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
• Creates new database users as required.
• Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
• The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
• A good knowledge of the operating system(s) particularly Solaris 10 and 11
• A good knowledge of physical database design
• Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
• Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
• Good skills in all Oracle tools.
• A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
• A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
• Sound knowledge of the applications at your site.
• Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
• A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
• A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
• At least five years of full-time progressive DBA experience with Oracle certifications such as OCP.
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
• A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
• A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a cover letter and contact details, no later than December 11, 2016, mentioning the “position title” in the e-mail subject line, to Grand Technology Resources - GTR or to the below email address. Only short listed candidates will be informed. The applicant should write the position name in the subject line.
Contact # 0093 (0) 791 154 671
|More jobs in this category|
|Web Developer at PomTech ICT Solutions||Herat||31 Dec 2017|