Senior Procurement Specialist(676 Views)
About Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT)
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of
Afghanistan has received Project Preparatory Grant/Fund from the World Bank to prepare for
execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a
qualified Individual Consultant to work as Senior Procurement Specialist of the Project and to
carry out relevant procurement capacity building in MCIT.
This Consultancy Support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Project Preparatory Fund of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
|Date Posted:||26 Nov 2016||Reference:||MCIT/Digital CASA/PPF/C-16|
|Closing Date:||31 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advise Head of PMO and the PICU of Digital CASA Project on the project procurement issues as related to Digital CASA Afghanistan Project(called Project);
• Support the Head of PMO by:
o Preparation, reviewing and clearing procurement plan for the project and procurement monitoring plan for the project;
o Preparing, reviewing and clearing commercial aspects of bidding documents/RFPs, bid evaluation, short-listing and technical evaluations for all procurement activities required under the project;
o Following up with concerned government departments and the World Bank (if required) to have the TORs and bidding documents approved and issued in a timely manner according to the approved procurement plan of the Project;
o Managing the process of advertising, correspondence, bid receipt and bid opening strictly in accordance with agreed upon procurement procedures;
o Preparing and reviewing evaluation reports to submit for approval;
o Following up with concerned government departments and the World Bank (if required) to have the evaluation reports approved in a timely manner;
o Participating in contract negotiations with the winning consultancy firm(s);
o Managing the procurement filing system in a systematic manner;
o Monitoring and reporting of procurement implementation status and progress to the Head of PMO and the World Bank as required;
• Coordinating with, providing necessary training or assistance to other Departments of MCIT on procurements.
• Training staff of the Procurement Directorate of MCIT and ATRA on procurement issues.
Assisting the PICU with other procurement related matters as and when required
The Consultant should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Afghan National;
• Any recognized University degree;
• A total of 5 years experience in carrying out public procurements;
• Minimum of 2 years experience in carrying out international procurements of goods and consultancies under Donor funded projects;
• Fluency in English and Dari or Pashto ( reading, writing, speaking);
• High integrity and accountability, good team work spirit.
To ensure impartiality, the consultant (including his home office, if any) must not, in any way, be affiliated with business entities that are currently providing or are seeking to provide goods or services to the project.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Expressions of interest, including detailed Resumes must be delivered (by E-Mails) by
31st December,2016 (2.00 PM Kabul Time).
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!