IT Support(1717 Views)
About Global Technology
Global Technologyis an Afghan owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
Job Summary: IT Support
Under the general supervision of the Administrative and Development Services Director, IT Support is responsible for site computer network planning, administration and operations activities also performs a variety of complex professional and technical duties related to the installation and maintenance of the site computer network and communications hardware and software systems including network and application servers, routers, Firewall, LAN, WAN, Frame Relay, phone systems, in addition to mainframe and PC workstations. Responsible for the configuration and installation of network and internet security. Responsible for the configuration and Installation of all network software packages used by the company. Responsible for the IT disaster backup and recovery systems.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-0003-16|
|Closing Date:||04 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (AD, DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Mailing system, etc.)
• Configure and setup Cisco switches, routers, firewall, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
• Design, setup and configure switching environments or give console access to network Admin.
• Design, setup and configure wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
• Maintain understanding of Local Area Networking.
• Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether Channel (Bonding) etc.
• Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
• Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenances with both private and public facilities.
• Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside Vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
• Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
• Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
• Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
• Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
• Recommend changes to improve systems, network configurations to determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
• Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
• Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments are require to be made and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
• Train people in computer system use.
• Load computer tapes, disks, install software and printer paper or forms
• Gather data pertaining to customer needs and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, evaluate system and network requirements.
• Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
• Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
• Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs
• Any other duties as assigned by management
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Word processing and/or data entry skills.
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
Work location: Firqa 20 Kunduz 20Km distance from the city of Kunduz province
Work location: Paktikia - Khiarkot
• Bachelor of IT or computer science is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 Years of professional experience as a field.
• Capable of utilizing hand tools and test equipment to perform work
• Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiative and discipline.
• Willing to work nights & weekends if necessary.
• Valid MCSA & CCNA Online certification is required
Afghanistan - Kunduz
Afghanistan - Paktika
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
The application must comprise of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post attaching your CV to it. Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail & mention job location.
Please note that applications received after the closing date (4, December 2016) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please be informed that applications exceeding 1 MB will be automatically deleted from the system, only a cover letter and a CV are required.
|More jobs in this category|
|Database Developer/specialist for MoMP/ IT Di.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||02 Aug 2017|
|Database Developer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||05 Aug 2017|
|Web Developer at PomTech ICT Solutions||Herat||31 Dec 2017|