Text Editor (Dari) Re-advertise(783 Views)
About HUB Television and Sheba Radio
Sheba Radio (FM-based) came into existence in mid-2016 to fill the need gap in the media market. Sheba Radio is headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan; and registered with the Afghanistan Ministry of Information and Culture (MOIC), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), and Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA). Sheba Radio boasts of being a National Radio channel with a reach of 35 million Afghans catering to their information and entertainment needs across 34 provinces of our country. We broadcast programs in Pashto and Dari languages; and we are totally apolitical. Our policy is to present news as it comes, without any regional, ethnic, linguistic or political bias
The incumbent shall perform under the direct supervision of the News Head. The position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Text Editor shall be responsible to carry out the following tasks:
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||2016-0054|
|Closing Date:||04 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the editorial section and its related resources.
• Edit content of news reporters and program producers
• Plan news and feature stories within deadline and coordinate with journalist and News Producer.
• Coordinate with journalist team members to ensure news and feature stories are prepared according to occurring events
• Collaborate with journalists and other staff to select and prioritize contents, live shows, news and other relevant duties.
• Participate in various editorial meetings to review news content for forthcoming broadcast with editorial staff.
• Prepare and make appropriate news presentation based on collected stories, updated events and articles.
• Produce breaking news reports on a priority basis for every news bulletin.
• Administer efficient delivery of news in an effective way to improve viewership base through improved presentation.
• Perform research on international, national, regional and local news to produce news and feature stories.
• Provide assistance to other news producers to organize, compile and write articles for newscast.
• Perform other related duties as required;
• University Degree in Literature, Mass Communication or Journalism.
• At least 3 years of experience with radio as a text editor
• Fluency in Dari Pashto and English.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Media
Please send your CV and cover letter only electronically to:
In the email subject, please specify “Text Editor, 2016-0054 – Kabul, Afghanistan”
The deadline for receipt of applications is December 04, 2016 close of business.
Please note that applications received after the closing date “December 04, 2016”, will not be given consideration.
Only short- listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for the interview and test (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Pashto News Editor at Salam Watandar||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|Female Radio Presenter at Salam Watandar||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|Journalism Trainer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|Journalism Trainer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Kandahar||31 May 2017|
|Journalism Trainer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Herat||31 May 2017|
|Journalism Trainer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Balkh||31 May 2017|
|Journalism Trainer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Nangarhar||31 May 2017|
|Re-Announce Writer & Editor at DABS||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|JOURNALIST FORWARD MEDIA TEAM at Resolute Support||Herat||30 May 2017|
|A/V Technician at Afghanistan Broadcasting System (Oqaab)||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|Dubbing Artist at Afghanistan Broadcasting System (Oqaab)||Kabul||30 May 2017|