Master Control Room Operator(Re-advertise)(1105 Views)
About HUB Television and Sheba Radio
About HUB Television and Sheba Radio
HUB Group (hereinafter referred to as ‘HUB’) is a collection of private-sector media-related business entities, headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. HUB is unaffiliated with any political and governmental bodies in Afghanistan or abroad. It is registered with the Afghanistan Ministry of Information and Culture (MOIC), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), and Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA).
Currently, Sheba Radio (an FM-based radio channel) and HUB Television are two main business entities operating under HUB Group.
HUB Group was founded in the beginning of 2016. The group emerged at times when media outlets have become viable means of outreach in Afghanistan, broadcasting and reflecting day-to-day issues in social, political, cultural, recreational, historical, literary and educational arenas.
The incumbent shall perform under the direct supervision of the TSU Manager and/or the Director. The position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Master Control Room Operator shall be responsible to carry out the following tasks:
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||2016-0055|
|Closing Date:||04 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the TSU Manager and/or the Director to develop SOPs, procedures and systems for the Sheba Radio archives at Sheba Radio
• In consultation with the TSU Manager prepare, maintain and update archives for the Sheba Radio;
• Classify and organize archive data in an effective and efficient manner.
• Provide technical support to the TSU Manager and other technical teams on the installation of radio studios;
• Provide capacity building sessions and on-the-job training to the newly hired staff;.
• Record and edit radio programs in accordance with the Sheba Radio broadcast policies and rules.
• Assist TSU Manager in conducting the programming for Sheba Radio and any other related communication equipments;
• Responsible for receiving and transmitting any unclassified and confidential messages from the audience.
• Assist the TSU Manager in monitoring the overall works of the Radio Operators, conduct quality checks and report the progress to the relevant staff on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Assist technical team and any other relevant staff in broadcast activities of Sheba Radio.
• Responsible to ensure appropriate cleaning and maintenance of the Radio equipment in a timely manner.
• Produce radio spots, jingles, trails and prepare the recorded radio programs for broadcast.
• Edit radio programs in compliance with the editorial policy of organization;
• Perform other related duties as required;
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of the archive management and multimedia.
• Familiar with mixture, mixture and related radio program
Very good in English, Pashto and Dari, both oral and written.
Fluency in both written and oral English is a strong advantage.
• High School graduate. University Degree in Mass Communication, Electronics and related subjects is preferable;
• At least 3 years of experience in relevant field.
• Fluency in Dari and Pashto.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Please send your CV and cover letter only electronically to below mentioned email address In the email subject, please specify “Master Control Room Operator 2016-0055 – Kabul, Afghanistan”
The deadline for receipt of applications is December 4, 2016 close of business. Please note that applications received after the closing date “December 4, 2016”, will not be given consideration.
Only short- listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for the interview and test (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Presenter / Producer (Radio) at MOBY Group||Kabul||04 Jun 2018|
|Media Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||20 May 2018|
|Development Outreach and Communication Specia.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||21 May 2018|