Livestock Specialist(981 Views)
AGROINDUST INC. is an integrated provider of agricultural products and services linking farmers to markets. It is established in year 2015 and is headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. This is an specialized agricultural firm that mainly aims to introduce high quality with standard methods of processing and Marketing of commodities such as fresh and dry fruits, vegetables and Livestock Products for the national and international markets.
Agroindust Is a moved- up incorporation from preparation to operational phase in Afghanistan, Russia, UAE and Turkey, this fast growing Agri- focused Inc. within approach to work through public private partnership (PPP) with Afghan government on reactivating and remodeling the available infrastructure and enterprises as well as investing INVESTONE corps financial funds on agribusiness field for the aim of sustainable, profit driven and quality oriented by production, process to increase the volume of export, the process followed via right- based approach in long run to change traditional to modern Afghani Agri- products as well as standardizing the Agri- services in term of initiative by developing and delivery of new concepts and supporting local donors for quality result- oriented operations
Recently, Agroindust Inc.(AI) awarded an Asian Development Bank (ADB) funded five year contract by Mail, AI through horticulture- focused 12 primary processing centers would operate for service delivery in Kabul, Nangarhar, Paktia, Kunduz and Mazar provinces at district level to improve safety, protection and link the local product to international market within value- added chain to respond standards and required certification to multi- country focused requirements
AI approaches to the operational mechanisms of the centers are as below:
Build the capacity of cooperative and farmers in coordination with Agriculture, market infrastructure project (AMIP) on processing of seasonal fruit and vegetable
• Processing of local cooperative members harvest via value chain approach to increase the safety and protection
• Purchase of local seasonal harvests and add value and adjust as certified as well as to met market standards
• Connecting the primary processing center to main processing centers to be established in modern and standard level in Kabul for processing of dry and fresh fruit as well as production of beverages
• Market positioning and Afghan product branding at regional and international level, as well as export to national and international markets in a quality oriented and profit- driven manner
The incumbent will represent AI at country level, he will support the business link to (1) Business management. (2) Provision Managing, Training, Concept Development and Strategy consulting services. (3) Coordination with Stakeholder and counterparts as well as support AI in technical issues. (4) Business idea generation, Proposal and Business Plan development (5) Further, integration and up gradation in the target business.
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||AI-21-11-16|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Livestock Specialist will undertake the main responsibility for all Livestock Development aspects of the project in all provinces inside the country,
• Ensure that all training events are organized in a manner which encourages participation Poultry, Slaughter house and Vet. Clinics staffs.
• In collaboration with donor , and under the direct instruction of the Managing Director, he/she will be responsible to develop training manuals and under instruction of the Knowledge Management Specialist, create extension materials for the Livestock Development Component of the project,
• Proven ability to develop proposals for donors about the livestock related development projects and regular follow up.
• Proven ability for taking step in the business /project development strategy, actors, activities and financial resources mapping.
• Excellent knowledge about the poultry farms, cattle farms (dairy/beef/mutton) and vet. Clinics management.
• Ensure the adequate and timely preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports,
• Assesses and ensures the quality and effectiveness of services at the field level,
• Having dominancy on the business plan development and its progress for business implementation.
• Consultancy services regarding the development of different livestock projects/business inside the country.
• Ability to visit to different sites /provinces for assessment of the environment, business implementation and market demand for the target business.
• Any other tasks assigned by the Managing Director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• The Specialist must have advance degree (MSc.)/Bachelor in Animal Science/Veterinary Science in a related technical discipline.
• Shall have 12(Bachelor) and 10 years (Master) of relevant experience in Livestock development projects.
• Working experience with community-based organizations will be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter, no later than 9 Decemebr 2016. Please include the name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject line as (Livestock Specialist - AI-21-11-16 ), otherwise your application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview
|More jobs in this category|
|Agricultural Economist at SGRP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|Cashier ( Re-announced ) at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||04 Jun 2017|
|Deputy Project Director at SGRP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Kabul||10 Jun 2017|
|MIS Developer at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||20 Jun 2017|
|Dairy Officer at CARD-F||Herat||02 Jun 2017|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||06 Jun 2017|
|Poultry Officer at CARD-F||Kabul||02 Jun 2017|
|Saffron Development National Committee Assist.. at Ministry of Agricultur..||Kabul||06 Jun 2017|
|Project Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|Agronomist at FINCA Afghanistan||Multi Cities||30 May 2017|
|Data Entry Clerk at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||02 Jun 2017|
|Field Technical Extension Worker at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation an..||Multi Cities||04 Jun 2017|
|Senior Agriculture Expert at Chief Advisor to The President On Agricultur..||Kabul||05 Jun 2017|
|Admin/Finance Officer at OFWMP / MAIL||Baghlan||05 Jun 2017|
|Dairy Project Manager at Agroindust Inc.||Balkh||30 May 2017|
|Agribusiness Management Instructor/Lecturer at Ministry of Higher Educati..||Multi Cities||03 Jun 2017|