Project Officer(1190 Views)
About Afghanistan National Participation Organization
Afghanistan National Participation Organization ‘ANPO’ is an independent, non-political, nonprofit and public organization that was established in 2003 to support cultural, social and civil development in Afghanistan. ANPO's vision is an Afghan democratic society based on human rights values and rule of law. Its mission is raising public awareness, civic education, advocacy and capacity building about, and promotion of, democratic and human rights values, and enhancing transparency between afghan people and government through site observation missions, media – radio, television, publications, theatre – and face to face meetings and other potential means and sources.
ANPO was registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) on December 18, 2008 working in public outreach, capacity building, good governance, justice and social information, and election observation. Since then ANPO, with support from several national and international donors, has worked to increase people’s participation in the Afghan democratization process. ANPO successfully achieved several goals and objectives through implementation of different project and activities as election observation missions, public outreach, civic education, capacity building, awareness rising, and advocacy and lobbying.
The objectives of the project include:
1. Develop the capacity of non-state justice providers in Kunduz, particularly in relation to enhancing their ability to understand legal concepts and protect and promote women’s rights;
2. Enhancing coordination between State and non-state justice sector providers in Kunduz;
3. Establishing community-based APGs and building their capacity to resolve local level disputes and promoting social reconciliation and sustainable peace in four provinces; and
4. Fostering linkages between relevant stakeholders to promote synergy in peacebuilding and social reconciliation efforts.
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA#20/2016|
|Closing Date:||08 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Project Planning and Implementation
The project officer will assist the project manager to:
• Improve and implement the Project Implementation Plan (PIP) and M&E plan as appropriate
• Oversee implementation of project activities and ensure that project targets and grant objectives are met.
• Coordinate with the related stakeholders of the project in the design and implementation of related project activities.
• Ensure project activities are in compliance with Government of Afghanistan’s rules and regulations.
• Ensure that grant and financial rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure that Gender Equality (GE) and gender mainstreaming is integrated as an effective cross-cutting theme into the project, and that all GE and gender mainstreaming activities respond to the applicable policies of the donor of the project.
The project officer will:
• Be aware of and implement policy decisions made by ANPO’s leadership, and ensure that information is accurately disseminated to all project staff in a timely manner.
• Effectively communicate with project staff to ensure staff understands their roles and responsibilities, and is able to successfully perform their duties.
• Ensure that organizational security measures and directives are integrated into project.
• Assist the project manager to coordinate, organize and conduct the focus group discussions, meetings, and intended workshops internally and externally in the project sites.
• Under direct supervision of the project manager is responsible for relationships, liaising, and reporting to donors for program support and services issues in a close coordination and cooperation with administrative and finance department of ANPO.
• Perform other work related duties as may be assigned by the project manager.
2. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
The project officer will assist the project manager to:
• In coordination with ANPO’s Program Department, develop and implement the project’s performance measurement chart that includes collection of periodic data for tracking project progress and performance.
• Ensure that monitoring and information management tools are up to date and contain all relevant information.
• Ensure that technical specialists are monitoring and disseminating project data collected by field staff in a timely manner.
• Document project activities, and prepare and submit monthly project updates to the supervisor.
• As per donor requirements, create and compile project reports to be submitted to the donor by ANPO.
• Facilitate documentation of achievements, lessons learned and best practice
• Bachelor in Law, administration.
• At least 2 years’ experience in related filed.
• Professionalism – understanding of the management and operations of development organizations in Afghanistan. Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
• Planning & Organizing - Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
• Management – Ability to manage staff and contribute to the skills and capacity building.
• Communications - Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present program related information/requirements and prepare written documents/communications in a clear and concise way.
• Technology Awareness – Good computer skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
• Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Knowledge of developing proposals and budgets will be an advantage
• Fluency in Dari, and excellent in English (listening, reading, writing, and speaking)
• Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and effectively lead a team in a high pressure working environment.
• Professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
• Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than 08, 12, 2016 to
Please clearly indicate the position title and vacancy number in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply
email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Security Guard at SNaPP2-MAIL||Herat||31 May 2017|
|BODYGUARD UNIT SUPERVISOR (FSN-09) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||02 Jun 2017|
|Male Supervisor at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services..||Herat||29 May 2017|
|Female Field Monitor at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Ser..||Herat||29 May 2017|
|Re-Announce Social Safeguards Officer/PMO at DABS||Kabul||23 Jun 2017|
|Program Assistant (Gender) FSN - 08 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||04 Jun 2017|
|LOCAL ASSISTANT (IMPORT/EXPORT COORDINATION) at Resolute Support||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|Program Specialist (Justice) FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 May 2017|
|General Services Clerk FSN-06 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||27 May 2017|
|Program Assistant (Justice) FSN - 9 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 May 2017|
|Gender Director, Technical at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|کارمند بلنگ at DABS||Wardak||31 May 2017|
|Website Designer, Marketing Manager, Finance .. at Hamkar Group||Multi Cities||30 May 2017|
|Female_Receptionist, Marketing Manager, Finan.. at Hamkar Group||Kabul||30 May 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|