Finance Officer/ Cashier(2196 Views)
About Voice of Women Organization
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan based national NGO operating in the Western Region of Afghanistan. VWO is striving to utilize the international assistance in the best interest of the Afghan communities through projects in various sectors, especially in approaching women rights and women empowerment in the society.
S/he works under the direct supervision of Finance Manager and is required to carry out all of tasks, including but not limited to those stipulated below:
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||VWO-085|
|Closing Date:||15 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To provide effective and full support for all finance related activities of the specific project of (DRC-SPA-SGBV) such as:
a. Check and review of all purchase requisitions (PRs) to ensure that all required information are accurately reflected and the signatories are truly specified.
b. Check and review of all GRNs/SRNs along with related supporting documents to ensure that all required goods and services were provided based on the approved PR and necessary translation is available for all information indicated in the invoice and quotations. Also cross check the calculations for taxes withheld and net payment requested due to further accuracy.
c. Ensure for timely payment of all transaction to which request for payment is approved and submitted to Finance Department for payment.
d. Review of monthly staff timesheets provided by HR department to ensure accuracy and availability of leave forms where necessary.
e. Prepare monthly project staff payroll according to the information provided by HR department and make sure the payment transfer is made shortly upon the availability of fund in the project bank account.
f. Preparation and submission of complete monthly financial report along with complete documentation to DRC before or up to 10th of the following month.
g. Preparation of monthly budget utilization report to finance manager and program coordinator to ensure the monthly budget forecast is being utilized.
h. Provide responses to monthly DRC financial report comments in coordination with responsible individuals at the earliest possible opportunity and maximum no later than one week after the date of receipt.
i. Submission of the complete monthly financial report and related transactions in PDF format to DRC through drop box as well as written CD.
j. Make sure that all original financial documents are kept in a safe place.
k. Participate actively in budget revision processes to ensure accurate and sound budget realignments.
2. To maintain the proper records of all Advances issued to employees on daily as well as project basis.
3. To ensure that advance tracker is regularly updated and advance reconciliation is made every two weeks for Herat based employees and on monthly basis for provinces’ employees.
4. To ensure that all advances are settled/cleared timely, otherwise, the specified advance amount should be deducted from the employee’s immediate salary payment for the outstanding/outdated advance with a justification of why the advance is not settled.
5. To ensure cash management of all types including withdrawals of cash from banks, deposit of cash into banks, transfer of cash from banks and monthly exchanges either from bank or cash agent according to the project requirement.
6. To record transactions in primary books of accounts (General Cash/Bank Book and).
7. To ensure final check and verification of financial documents before payment of cash and or issuance of cheque to ensure all required supporting documents are available upon payment as well as the fund is available in the accounts.
8. To perform daily cash count with no documenting but monthly for document purpose.
9. To execute the cash and bank reconciliation on monthly basis of each project documented.
10. To conduct self-performance appraisal and report it to supervisor once each six months in order to ensure both professionally and personally in such manner as to bring credit to VWO but not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission for women in Afghanistan.
11. To perform any additional related duties assigned by the head of department and/or executive director.
• Bachelor Degree in Economics/ Management or any other related field
• 4 years of experiences only 3 years in the same position.
• Having excellent oral and written communication skills in Dari & English
• Ability to work with M.S. Office Suite Specially Excel Spreadsheet, Outlook, Internet browsing and Quick Books knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
• Possess initiative and ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
• Strong interpersonal communicative skills
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria can send their updated CV & cover letter to the following email address which is mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy number (VWO-085) in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Cash Management Officer at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|Budget Specialist at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|Accounting Specialist at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||02 Jun 2018|
|Base Finance HR Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||27 May 2018|
|Finance Officer at Afghan Compound Support Services||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Cashier at Global Technology||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Finance/HR Admin Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||30 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||14 Jun 2018|
|کارمند اداری و محاسبه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply..||Balkh||28 May 2018|
|Tax Manager at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||14 Jun 2018|
|مدیر عمومی محاسبه جنسی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supp..||Kabul||27 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant at World Health Organization||Kabul||24 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant (Grade 6) at World Health Organization||Kabul||24 May 2018|
|Chief Financial Officer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||06 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Accountant For Spare parts Section at Habib Faiz Construction Group||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|