Public Relation and Communication Coordinator(1357 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
The Communications and Public Relations Coordinator will be the member of Coordination Unit and will
work under the guidance and direct supervision of GPE Program Coordinator. He/ She will be responsible
for the information management and sharing of GPE program in Afghanistan. He/ she will be responsible
for the development of publication materials, manuals, brochures and newsletters. The holder of the
position will closely work with the Publication Department of the Ministry of Education and disseminate
GPE program information through GPE webpage on the Ministry’s website. The person will assist
Coordination Unit staff with other duties as necessary.
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||MoE/GPE/16018|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Program information management and sharing
• Provide effective responses to inquiries for public information materials
• In close consultation with the Publications Department, develop, maintain and update webpage
for the GPE Program within the website of the Ministry of Education
• Craft innovative and creative solutions for sensitive or strategic public communication issues
• Maintain the social media (Facebook) page of GPE Afghanistan program
• Craft press releases to notify local and regional news outlets of key events;
• Collect reports and information on the GPE related events and activities to be published on
• Draft regular and periodical reports on the GPE Program and related activities to be published
on the website
• To take the lead and manage communications and public relations campaigns
• Develop materials for brochures, newsletters, manuals and other publications for the GPE
• Develop statements and talking points for Minister and GPE Program Director when required
• Correlating financial reports with program reports, advising and proposing corrective actions
2. Support the implementation of workshops and trainings
• Support Academic Supervision staff in the deployment of central level workshops and
• Provide assistance in the development of training materials for central and provincial level
3. Other duties
• Support HR coordinator in drafting ToRs for program staff at central and provincial levels
• Any other task as assigned by the GPE Program Coordinator
Excellent interpersonal, communication, team work, & presentation skills are required. Ability to communicate effective & maintain rapport with all level of employees is required. Excellent computer skills-Word, EXCEL, power point; plus the ability to quickly learn various on reporting systems is required.
The applicant must haveBachelor degree in relevant field of a combination of education and 5 years of
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting the your CV and Cover Letter to the following email address:
To facilitate the review
• Please indicate the vacancy number only (MoE/GPE/16011) in the subject of the email, otherwise your CV will be considered.
• Please include names and contact information for two references.
• MOE/GPE/16018 is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• Applications received after the closing date (05-Dec-2016) will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified or contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Communications Assistant at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 May 2018|