Project Officer(1482 Views)
About Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) is the national network of Afghanistan microfinance institutions (MFIs) that was created by microfinance practitioners, Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and other stakeholders in 2005. AMA was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Afghanistan in 2007.
Currently AMA has 12 members. AMA receives financial support from World Bank, USAID, and European Union. AMA aims to promote a sustainable development finance sector in Afghanistan through sector coordination and networking, knowledge management, lobbying and advocacy and capacity building.
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) intends to work with Women In Economy (WIE) to facilitate ‘Scholarship in Microfinance Training Program with Microfinance Institutions (MFIs)’.
The main objective of this program is to enhance the technical and managerial skills of women candidates in their selected fields and increase their employment in the Microfinance Institutions (MFIs).
Under direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer is responsible for management of the microfinance institutions training program and coordination with Regional Coordinators. He/She is also responsible to make sure enhancement of the technical and managerial skills of women candidates in their selected fields and increase their employment in Microfinance Institutions (MFIs).
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||0019AMA|
|Closing Date:||10 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer is specifically responsible for the following activities:
• Provide MFIs with information about the scholarship program and explain the process.
• Work with all MFIs to provide available opportunities for training (classroom and on-the-job) and collect the list of types of skills each MFI needs for future staffing.
• Prepare and submit a work plan on managing the coordination between MFIs and WIE.
• Provide monthly reports/as agreed, to Project Manager on the current training program.
• Coordinate with MFIs and WIE in case they need any clarification or questions regarding any aspect of the training program.
• Obtain the outline of each MFI’s training program, including learning objectives, supervisor timeframe, work schedule for trainees, how to measure results and share with WIE through the ‘Training Program Form’ with a SOW for each trainee position.
• Provide support to MFIs in conducting outreach to identify potential scholarship recipients in four selected provinces.
• After the MFIs interview candidates, provide the scholarship applications and resumes of those to WIE to confirm they meet criteria and for approval and communicate the final decision with MFIs.
• Ensure each MFI has/develops a standard orientation package to deliver orientations to the scholarship recipients upon placement.
• For on-the-job scholarship recipients, share the probationary and end of terms evaluation results with WIE.
• Collaborate with WIE finance team to collect and prepare the trainees’ information to process stipend payments.
• Develop a scholarship recipient oversight plan and implement it.
• Assist with the M&E team of WIE in conducting monitoring visits, plus evaluation of this program.
• As soon as the information becomes available, immediately report the instances if a trainee quits the program and if a MFIs wishes to rehire another trainee to WIE for consultation and decision.
• Assist WIE Communications team to prepare success stories from the program.
• Within one month after the completion of first round of training/scholarships, submit a final report outlining lessons learned, areas for improvement, and recommendations for the potential second round of training.
• Other duties as assigned.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The ideal woman candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University or equivalent degree.
• At least three years of working experience related to capacity building, monitoring, and women empowerment.
• Prior experience in similar role is highly preferred.
• Strong representational and interpretation skills.
• Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Ability and willingness to travel to the provinces.
Afghanistan - Kabul
To apply: please send your CV along with a cover letter to
, include Project Officer in the subject line of the application.
|More jobs in this category|
|معلم خانگی at Kabul World Wide Road and Construction Company||Kabul||21 Mar 2018|
|جنراتورکار at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||05 Mar 2018|
|مسول بازار کار at Afghan Hind||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Program Assistant (Vulnerable Populations) FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||02 Mar 2018|
|Policy Analyst SME at MOIA||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Head of Environment and Social Management at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Data Entry Officer at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|TRANSLATOR FSN-08 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||21 Feb 2018|
|کارمند تعقیب طلبات دوایر.. at DABS||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|
|Business Development Manager at IDS Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|کارمند تعقیب قطع لین at DABS||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|
|Interns ( General ) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Emergency Response Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Developm..||Badghis||24 Feb 2018|
|Technician at Afghan Cyber ISP||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Environmental Officer at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Editor/Proofreader at MCM Learning||Kabul||02 Mar 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|