Project Officer(643 Views)
About Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) is the national network of Afghanistan microfinance institutions (MFIs) that was created by microfinance practitioners, Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and other stakeholders in 2005. AMA was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Afghanistan in 2007.
Currently AMA has 12 members. AMA receives financial support from World Bank, USAID, and European Union. AMA aims to promote a sustainable development finance sector in Afghanistan through sector coordination and networking, knowledge management, lobbying and advocacy and capacity building.
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) intends to work with Women In Economy (WIE) to facilitate ‘Scholarship in Microfinance Training Program with Microfinance Institutions (MFIs)’.
The main objective of this program is to enhance the technical and managerial skills of women candidates in their selected fields and increase their employment in the Microfinance Institutions (MFIs).
Under direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer is responsible for management of the microfinance institutions training program and coordination with Regional Coordinators. He/She is also responsible to make sure enhancement of the technical and managerial skills of women candidates in their selected fields and increase their employment in Microfinance Institutions (MFIs).
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||0019AMA|
|Closing Date:||10 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer is specifically responsible for the following activities:
• Provide MFIs with information about the scholarship program and explain the process.
• Work with all MFIs to provide available opportunities for training (classroom and on-the-job) and collect the list of types of skills each MFI needs for future staffing.
• Prepare and submit a work plan on managing the coordination between MFIs and WIE.
• Provide monthly reports/as agreed, to Project Manager on the current training program.
• Coordinate with MFIs and WIE in case they need any clarification or questions regarding any aspect of the training program.
• Obtain the outline of each MFI’s training program, including learning objectives, supervisor timeframe, work schedule for trainees, how to measure results and share with WIE through the ‘Training Program Form’ with a SOW for each trainee position.
• Provide support to MFIs in conducting outreach to identify potential scholarship recipients in four selected provinces.
• After the MFIs interview candidates, provide the scholarship applications and resumes of those to WIE to confirm they meet criteria and for approval and communicate the final decision with MFIs.
• Ensure each MFI has/develops a standard orientation package to deliver orientations to the scholarship recipients upon placement.
• For on-the-job scholarship recipients, share the probationary and end of terms evaluation results with WIE.
• Collaborate with WIE finance team to collect and prepare the trainees’ information to process stipend payments.
• Develop a scholarship recipient oversight plan and implement it.
• Assist with the M&E team of WIE in conducting monitoring visits, plus evaluation of this program.
• As soon as the information becomes available, immediately report the instances if a trainee quits the program and if a MFIs wishes to rehire another trainee to WIE for consultation and decision.
• Assist WIE Communications team to prepare success stories from the program.
• Within one month after the completion of first round of training/scholarships, submit a final report outlining lessons learned, areas for improvement, and recommendations for the potential second round of training.
• Other duties as assigned.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The ideal woman candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University or equivalent degree.
• At least three years of working experience related to capacity building, monitoring, and women empowerment.
• Prior experience in similar role is highly preferred.
• Strong representational and interpretation skills.
• Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Ability and willingness to travel to the provinces.
Afghanistan - Kabul
To apply: please send your CV along with a cover letter to
, include Project Officer in the subject line of the application.
|More jobs in this category|
|Subcontract Specialist at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||06 Feb 2017|
|Project Officer at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||02 Feb 2017|
|Plumber/Mechanic at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Maintenance Officer/Store Keeper at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Senior Officer for SIAs Operation at National.. at RIZ Conslting Services||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|kandahar School Engagement Focal Point at Reg.. at RIZ Conslting Services||Kandahar||10 Feb 2017|
|Provincial EQUIP Officer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Paktika||01 Feb 2017|
|Master Trainer – Project Management at Emerging Leaders Consulting Serv..||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Security Receptionist at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Technology Consultant at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Procurement Specialist for PMO/MoMP at PMO||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|oxford manger at Shams London Academy||Kabul||08 Feb 2017|
|مدیر تدریسی at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Finance Manager at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Cleaner at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|ادمیشن افسر at Shams London Academy||Khost||08 Feb 2017|
|Admission Officer at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|Admin Manager at Shams London Academy||Multi Cities||08 Feb 2017|
|English and TOEFL iBT instructors at Emerging Leaders Consulting Services||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Hydro geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Cook/ Cleaner at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|معتمد جنسی at DABS||Baghlan||05 Feb 2017|
|Data Archiving and IT Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|کارمند خدماتی at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||30 Jan 2017|
|Re-Announce -Recruitment Assistant at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Health Care Waste Management (HCWM) Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Commerce and Trade Specialist (National) at Afghanistan Capacity Building..||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Head of Program Management Information System at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Senior Hydro Geologist at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jan 2017|
|Finance Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|رئیس پلان وقوانین at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس مراقبت های صحی کوچی .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|رئیس اقتصاد وتمویل صحت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Program Management Specialist FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Gardener FSN - 02 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Jan 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Guard at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Servant (خادمه) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Coffee Maker(قهوه ساز) at Saudi Arabia Embassy||Kabul||10 Feb 2017|
|Sr. Gender Advisor at UN-Habitat||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|ARCHITECT FSN - 10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|Business Development Head at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||25 Jan 2017|
|Cashier at DABS||Kabul||23 Jan 2017|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|