Regional Coordinator(1229 Views)
About Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) is the national network of Afghanistan microfinance institutions (MFIs) that was created by microfinance practitioners, Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and other stakeholders in 2005. AMA was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Afghanistan in 2007.
Currently AMA has 12 members. AMA receives financial support from World Bank, USAID, and European Union. AMA aims to promote a sustainable development finance sector in Afghanistan through sector coordination and networking, knowledge management, lobbying and advocacy and capacity building.
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) intends to work with Women In Economy (WIE) to develop and conduct ‘Access to Finance Matchmaking Roundtables’.
The objective is to connect and aware potential businesses/clients, with financial institutions, that are in need of some type of loan from financial institutions. Participating businesses shall have comprehensive information on types of available loan products so to have a better comparison base plus financial institutions shall be able to develop some better understanding of businesses/clients’ financing needs.
Under direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Regional Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of project activities in Kabul and Jalalabad city of Nangarhar province. She is also responsible to identify, aware and connect potential businesses/clients in Kabul and Jalalabad, with financial institutions that are in need of loan from financial institutions to expand her current business or start a new one.
|Date Posted:||27 Nov 2016||Reference:||0020AMA|
|Closing Date:||13 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Coordinator is specifically responsible for the following activities:
• Follow the strategy on approaching businesses that fall under Women In Economy (WIE) target market and have real potential for growth.
• Follow the annual work plan to implement the current scope of work.
• Conduct at least 6 roundtables in first year and 6 roundtables in the second year in Kabul, and 2 roundtables in first year and 2 roundtables in the second year in Jalalabad city of Nangarhar province.
• Outreach, identify, and select businesses/participants for the workshops that have good potential for growth and are more likely to qualify for loan.
• Collaborate with financial institutions in Kabul and Jalalabad to develop standard presentations and participate in the workshops to present their loan products and services.
• Discuss with financial institutions in Kabul and Jalalabad to make sure that the information on their loan products are sufficiently presented to the clients.
• Collaborate with WIE’s monitoring and evaluation team to monitor and evaluate the roundtables plus their results in Kabul and Jalalabad.
• Maintain and update the database to track and follow the workshop participants.
• Report to the Project Manager on agreed timeline basis.
• Act as AMA gender representative in central and east regions especially in gender events and/or women projects related forums, events and meetings.
• Support the Project Officer in regional activities on the microfinance institutions training program in Kabul and Jalalabad.
• Other duties as assigned.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The ideal woman candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University or equivalent degree.
• At least three years of working experience related to business development, women empowerment, enterprise finance, and banking. Working experience in microfinance is preferred.
• Prior experience in similar role is highly preferred.
• Strong representational skills.
• Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto.
Afghanistan - Kabul
please send your CV along with a cover letter to
include Regional Coordinator Central & East in the subject line of the application.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Gender Officer at DABS||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Assistant Director of Admissions (Re-advertis.. at American University of..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior National Water Resources Specialist, at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|Evaluation specialist Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Human Resource Workforce Planning Senior Advi.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|ICU Project Coordinator at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Introduction to graduates studies (IGS) Co-Te.. at American University of..||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|External Communications Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Plumber at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|M&E Assistant at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Course Facilitator at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Gender Officer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|Social Safeguard Specialist at Directorate General Public Private Partner..||Kabul||20 Nov 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|