Senior Engineer(1471 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
Program: The GPE Program proposal has been developed through an intensive consultative process led by the Ministry of Education (MoE) and involving large number of stakeholders from the MoE, Ministry of Finance (MoF), development partners and civil society organizations. The Human Resource Development Board (HRDB), the equivalent of the Local Education Group (LEG) in Afghanistan, played a major role in the management and coordination of the process. The proposal was submitted to the GPE Board of Directors in September 2011, and after thorough analysis, it was approved to be funded on 15 December 2011.
The program consists of an integrated package of four GPE Priorities that are mutually reinforcing, have their strategic origins in the EIP and offer opportunities to build on previously successful experiences.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2016||Reference:||MoE/GPE/16020|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities – Senior Engineer:
The Senior Engineer for the GPE Program will be responsible for the following task;
• Design, implement, and monitor construction projects for the Ministry of Education;
• Review project objectives and outline the project priorities and share it with ISD management and provincial engineers;
• Provide training to the provincial engineers for the GPE Program, to get acquainted with the program objectives and implementation priorities and mythologies;
• Conduct identification process for the relevant fund and provide recommendations for improvement both in allocation and utilization processes;
• Conduct field visits to the provinces targeted by the GPE Program to monitor and evaluate practices, find bottlenecks, come up with suggestions and recommendations for improvements;
• Attend and share best practices and lessons learned with the ISD internal coordination meeting and meetings with the relevant donors;
• Based on the lessons learned, shall prepare for provision of proper trainings to enhancing staff’s capacities in ISD.
Reporting: The Senior Engineer will be based at the ISD, and in close consultation with the ISD Director, will prepare periodical engineering progress reports and present them to the ISD Director and the GPE Program Coordination Unit.
The Senior Engineer will perform any other Engineering related duties and responsibilities which will be assigned by the ISD Director from time to time.
• Graduate of civil engineering from a well known and recognized university;
• Having at least 5 years of engineering and management experience at desired level;
• Being experience in infrastructure management and infrastructure planning;
• Having strong team work spirit and experience in change management;
• Having experience in monitoring and evaluation;
• Having experience and ability in preparing reports, training materials and training facilitation;
• Having knowledge of Dari/Pashtu and a very good knowledge of English Language
Afghanistan - Kabul
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting the your CV and Cover Letter to the following email address:
To facilitate the review
• Please indicate the vacancy number only (MoE/GPE/16011) in the subject of the email, otherwise your CV will be considered.
• Please include names and contact information for two references.
• MOE/GPE/16019 is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• Applications received after the closing date (06-Dec-2016) will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified or contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Assistant Surveyor at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||01 Apr 2017|
|Survey Engineer at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||01 Apr 2017|
|Estimation Engineer at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||01 Apr 2017|
|Structure Design (Civil) Engineer at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||01 Apr 2017|
|Architectural Design Engineer at PIU/ACD/SCRTFP-AF||Kabul||01 Apr 2017|
|Regional Maintenance Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kandahar||10 Apr 2017|
|Sr. Bridge Design Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||10 Apr 2017|
|Road Estimation Engineer at State Corps||Kabul||10 Apr 2017|
|Project Manager - Vertical Structures at State Corps||Kabul||08 Apr 2017|
|Vertical Structures Estimator at State Corps||Kabul||07 Apr 2017|
|GIS Specialist at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||09 Apr 2017|
|Assistant Engineer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||09 Apr 2017|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||08 Apr 2017|
|Project Manager at Da Maidan Zawahnono Construction Company (DMZCC)||Wardak||31 Mar 2017|
|project manager at Da Maidan Zawahnono Construction Company (DMZCC)||Multi Cities||31 Mar 2017|
|Site Engineer at PG Global Group||Multi Cities||31 May 2017|