National Consultant for Development of Policy for Relocation of Qualified Female Teachers(1122 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
The TA will be responsible to draft a policy document on female teachers recruitment and
deployment, in close consultation with relevant MoE departments, particularly with General
Education Directorate, Girls Education Directorate, Teacher Education Department, Human
Resources Management Unit and Academic Supervision.
The TA will also be responsible to help roll out the policy document which is intended to ensure
proper application of the policy across the Ministry. In general, the following issues and areas must
be addressed during the policy development process;
• Conduct a comprehensive consultation process to identify key deficiencies of the current
teachers’ capacities, in particular female teachers;
• Identify key policy gaps and propose suitable interventions, which are to be part of the
• Propose applicable approaches to needs assessment and deployment for hard to reach areas;
• Propose a transition strategy for sustainability of the interventions.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2016||Reference:||MoE/GPE/16021|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Policy and Strategy Framework Development and Implementation
a. Review existing Tashkeel (government organogram) of female teachers in GPE target
b. Identify lack of qualified/skilled teachers in GPE target provinces and districts
c. Identify approaches to relocate qualified female teachers to GPE target districts with high
d. Work closely with General Education (GE) Department and Human Resource Department
of MoE to identify female teacher relocation incentives like couple and team deployment,
salary bonus, contract extension etc
e. Seek advice of all MoE relevant departments in the formulation of strategy
f. Draft female relocation incentive strategy considering exit strategy of GPE funded teachers
and integration into Tashkeel
g. Present final draft of female relocation strategy with MoE relevant departments
h. Draft implementation guidelines/plan for the communication strategy
i. Ensure MoE-wide attention to cross-cutting issues such as gender and inclusive education
in the strategy formulation.
Submit inception report and draft work plan after four weeks of the assignment to the GPE
Coordination Unit and MoE relevant department
• Submit first draft after six weeks of the assignment to the GPE Program Coordination Unit
and MoE relevant departments
• Review the draft after receiving comments from MoE relevant departments
• Submit a final draft of social mobilization strategy to the GPE Program Coordination Unit
and MoE relevant departments
Master’s degree from accredited institution in business administration, educational
management or related technical field.
• Minimum of five (05) years of progressively responsible professional experience at national
level in education provision, policy and/or planning.
• Strong familiarity with development and implementation of national education policy
• Extensive experience working with high-level Government, donor, NGO, and UN
• Demonstrated policy research experience.
• Excellent Dari/Pashto and English written and oral communications skills
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Economic Growth
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting the your CV and Cover Letter to the following email address:
To facilitate the review
• Please indicate the vacancy number only (MoE/GPE/16021) in the subject of the email, otherwise your CV will be considered.
• Please include names and contact information for two references.
• MOE/GPE/16021 s an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• Applications received after the closing date (06-Dec-2016) will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified or contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|CoST Intern at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Program Assistant Parwan at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Parwan||25 Jan 2018|
|Provincial Intern at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Receptionist at Afghan Aim Consulting Services||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|کارمند مدیریت تحریرات at DABS||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|6 (3 Male Loan Officer 2 Female 1 Regional Ri.. at OXUS Afghanistan||Kunduz||18 Jan 2018|
|Administration/HR Head at ATVI||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Administration Officer at MAIL/Panj-Amu||Kunduz||23 Jan 2018|
|کارمند ثبت وراجستراحکام .. at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Receptionist at Darya Village||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Admin Officer at JubailiBros||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Administration Manager at GTR Group||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|