Communication Advisor(644 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
Communication Advisor with OCB-MOWA section.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2016||Reference:||JSSP-OCB-MOWA-168|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in improving organizational communication and reporting within the Attorney
• General’s Office, Ministry of Justice, and Ministry of Women’s Affairs, as well as interagency communication with Ministry of Finance and other justice institutions.
• Coordinate with the JSSP Subject Matter Expert and embedded staff in identifying the shortcomings in the organizational communications structure or the capacity of the justice institution. Develop an improvement plan in coordination with the justice institution
• Help the justice institution conceptualize the elements of organizational communications management and best international practices
• Develop training materials on organizational communications management based on international best practices with relevancy to Afghanistan and any applicable Afghan laws
• Conduct training in the justice institutions in Kabul and provinces
• Assist the justice institution in enhancing interdepartmental co-ordination
• Build capacity by providing day-to-day mentoring in the ministry on improving the human resource management
• Develop capacity of the Afghan colleagues to help in transition
• Ensure relevant departments critical to standing up an in-house training have the capacity to communicate properly to execute that implementation
• Provide regular reporting on work activities or other reports required by the project management
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the SME and chain of command
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and oral in English, Pashto and Dari.
• Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
• Deadline oriented.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
• Development and management of an effective and motivated team.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
Required Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required in any field.
• Degree or diploma in Organizational Communications will be an asset.
• Five years of work experience with at least three years of relevant experience in communications in international development organization is required.
• Experience in conducting training for government officials is required.
• Experience working in cross-cultural environments.
• Knowledge of current organizational communications trends and best practices.
• Demonstrable knowledge of organizational communications in Afghanistan.
• Good understanding of capacity building within Afghan justice institutions.
• Knowledge and understanding of the development sector.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies by NO later than December 5, 2016. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it not the candidate itself if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Communication Advisor-JSSP-OCB-MOWA-168) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|Compliance Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||17 Dec 2016|