Senior Translator(1234 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2016||Reference:||JSSP-SI-169|
|Closing Date:||05 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervise translators to ensure proper duty performance.
2. Provide professional capacity building trainings for translators.
3. Review translators’ works and provide feedback to translators.
4. Develop JSSP translators’ work report on a monthly basis.
5. Ensure compliance with SOP for Translation.
6. Ensure Translator Log Book update.
7. Proofread translations and typed documents.
8. Expertly translate documents from English into Pashto/Dari and vice‐versa
9. Expertly interpret in meetings.
10. Simultaneous translation for International Advisors.
11. Hold regular meetings with translators to discuss problems/suggestions/changes.
12. Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
13. Simultaneous translation for International Advisors
14. Translating the main points of a training/conference and reporting them back to our
15. international advisors
16. Occasional travels to provinces across the country.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and leadership at all organizational levels.
2. Excellent verbal and written English, Pashto and Dari skills.
3. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Excellent curriculum/lesson plan development, writing, coordination and implementation skills.
5. Ability to quickly build effective working relationships with fellow advisors and teammates and Afghan government officials.
6. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify and implement effective solutions.
7. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple challenging and competing deadlines.
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9. Team building, management and supervisory skills.
10. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
1. Knowledge of current best international practices for training and mentoring.
2. Knowledge of organizational development.
3. Knowledge of the government and ministries of Afghanistan.
4. Knowledge of capacity building and transition for Afghan justice institutions.
5. Knowledge and understanding of training and mentoring programs in the international development sector.
1. University degree in a related field.
2. At least 2 years professional experience as a Senior Translator.
3. Experience in legal translation a plus.
4. Excellent verbal and written fluency in English, Dari and Pashtu is required.
5. Must have computer literacy and knowledge and work experience in software applications
6. of MS Office.
7. Must be able to work in a team and be detail oriented.
8. Must be willing to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies by NO later than December 5, 2016. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it not the candidate itself if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Senior Translator-JSSP-SI-169) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|Translator at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|Curriculum Development Translator at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|