Spokesperson for the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum(442 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of achieving Sustainable Development of Natural Resources in Afghanistan. The Project is being implemented through a Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum. The PMU is now seeking a well qualified individual consultant for the position of Spokesperson for the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
Spokesperson the Minister of Mines and Petroleum will serve as contact person and present the Ministry to the mass media, community and other interested parties and communities the policy and achievements of the Ministry to the all interested parties.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2016||Reference:||MoMP/PMU/CT- II - 63- 03|
|Closing Date:||13 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Attend the media, civil society and donors conferences to present the Ministry to create a good image of the Ministry in the minds of all external and interested parties.
• Develop a personalized Minister ‘Outreach Plan and update in monthly.
• Strengthen contacts with the internal and external parties.
• Set up appointments with select community groups to communicate and present the Ministry’ policies, mission ,and vision.
• Follow up with the Media, Civil society and donors to attach their attention.
• Communicate regularly with Ministry’ relevant departments.
• Any other tasks given by the direct supervisor
• The Spokesperson shall report from all activities undertaken for the month to his/her direct supervisor and a copy to PMU - HR Department.
• Bachelor Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or any other related area, with demonstrated ability to manage external and internal communications in a large and complex extractive industries related;
• At least 4 years work experience with media and communication;
• Special Skills & Abilities;
• Excellent communications skills;
• Proficiency in Standard English and local language Pashto and Dari;
• Past work experience with government entities and donor agencies .
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication;
• Knowledge and connected to large network of local media contacts;
• Experience in developing and implanting social marketing strategies and policies;
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and understanding of the political and ethical issues related to Mining Sector .
• Able to work with others;
• Able to work without close supervision
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 16:00 hours (local time) 13 December 2016.Reference MoMP/PMU/CT- II- 63-03 must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines & Petroleum, Program Management Unit (PMU)
Attention: Mr. Waheed Khalili
Afghanistan Geological Survey Building (AGS), 2nd floor, Annex,
Close to Abdul Haq roundabout, 3rd Macrorayan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Mobile: +93 (0) 789 22 14 42
|More jobs in this category|
|Relationship Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kandahar||20 Dec 2016|
|Relationship Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||20 Dec 2016|
|Information & Communication Systems Manager at Youth in Action Consulting..||Multi Cities||31 Dec 2016|