Customs Reform & Modernization Unit (CRMU) Specialist(707 Views)
This Additional Financing for Second Customs Reform and Trade Facilitation Project is focusing on providing assistance to improve the overall governance environment of the Afghan Customs Department (ACD) by addressing priorities identified in the Governance and Accountability Action Plan (GAAP) matrix. The project is associated with the further roll out of specialized functional modules of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) to the remaining Customs stations, automation of management functions, installation of executive management systems, set up of trans border data exchange systems and the construction of essential physical infrastructure and equipment for the Afghan Customs Department (ACD).
To address some of the priority governance concerns, the project is providing assistance to improve the regulatory framework through a comprehensive legislative review and setting up mechanisms of government level coordination for legislative reforms, developing a compliance and enforcement capacity for ACD, and assisting with revising and then monitoring progress on the Customs Five Year Plan. The project will also assist the government in improving coordination and clarifying roles and responsibilities of various agencies present at the border and continue to improve donor coordination within the framework of the Informal Customs Network (ICN).
Accordingly, well qualified personnel are required to fill in the positions under PIU. These PIU personnel will be hired on ACD contract and will be paid as per the salary scales prescribed under NTA (National Technical Assistance) program.
The Customs Reform & Modernization Unit (CRMU) Specialist will report to the Support & Development Director and will perform below specific duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
|Date Posted:||29 Nov 2016||Reference:||ACD/SCRTFP-PIU/2016/015|
|Closing Date:||12 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of ACD various plans coordinating & monitoring the progress of various reform activities and assessment of all the identified reforms projects in ACD.
• Prepare comments, views and replies for donor reports/Aid-memoirs and report on the identified and agreed targets with gap analysis.
• Coordinate with regional directors and ACD headquarter staff for implementation of reforms activities and suggest ways for improving their performance.
• Develop monitoring matrix for the ACD infrastructure projects, analyze the progress and identify the bottlenecks and problems, in coordination with infrastructure and equipment Specialist and respective project leads.
• Conduct review of ACD Five Year Strategic Plan and help in formulating the next strategic plan by incorporating various priority areas identified under Governance & Accountability Action Plan (GAAP) matrix devised by the World Bank.
• Develop ACD Annual action plan to help in steering all tasks are in the overall framework of the strategic plan.
• Steer and monitor ACD’s anti-corruption action plan for minimizing corruption and for improving transparency in ACD.
• Coordination of IMF, World Bank Bench Marks with ACD internal Directorates and preparation of its progress on Monthly bases.
• Communication and Coordination with donors for reporting in all new reforms and developments
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the SCRTFP and ACD, as well as other ad hoc reports and provide timely updates to concerned department.
• Carry out other tasks assigned by the Director Support & Development.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• The incumbent should be a team player
• Strong computer skills especially in packages like Excel, Word, PowerPoint & etc
• Initiative and sound judgment.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
• Ability to follow specified procedures
• Ability to work under pressure and for odd hours
• Commitment to work and willingness to work over hours if required.
• Demonstrated managerial ability and ability to work with limited supervision
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor degree in, Administration, Management, International Relations, Political Science, Law or equivalent discipline. Master degree holder is preferred
• 5 years relevant technical and administrative experience in planning, Reporting, Management, coordination and customs.
• Previous experience from the Government or development organizations will be given added weightage during evaluation;
• Fluency in both written and oral English is required and local languages are mandatory
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Qualiﬁed candidates may submit their applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and must indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line of their submission while applying for this position through e-mail.
Applications with no vacancy number and post title on the subject line will not be considered as genuine submission
|More jobs in this category|
|Executive Assistant at Transcorp Lines||Kabul||10 May 2017|
|Trainer for Civil Society Actvities (CSO Memb.. at Afghanistan Rural Empo..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2017|
|Executive Assistant at OFWMP / MAIL||Kabul||05 May 2017|
|legal advisor at MOIA||Kabul||29 Apr 2017|
|Cleaner & Cook - Female at I Engineering Group||Kabul||27 May 2017|
|National Administrative and Programme Support.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||26 Apr 2017|
|PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO COUNTRY HEAD at Grant Thornton Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||31 May 2017|
|Plant/Site Administrator at Southern Development-Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|