Communications Officer(960 Views)
Afghanistan’s agricultural sector faces enormous challenges, from abandoned orchards to broken irrigation and transportation infrastructure to lack of training and personnel. And yet, about 80 percent of the country’s population depends on it, either directly or indirectly. Strengthening Afghanistan’s agriculture sector is important for food security and income generation and is a key factor in building the confidence of the Afghan people in their government.
The Capacity Building and Change Management Program-II will strengthen the human and institutional capacity of Afghanistan’s Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The program also helps the provincial Directorates of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (DAILs) effectively deliver agricultural public services to farmers and herders. This assistance includes strengthening the linkages between MAIL and DAILs. The program will focus on key directorates within MAIL, 20 DAILs, and 50 district offices in Afghanistan’s agricultural region.
This three-year program commences on July 9, 2014 and is funded by USAID and implemented under the Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance Leader with Associate Award by the International Executive Service Corps and the International City/County Management Association. The program builds on a previous United States Department of Agriculture-funded activity.
The Communications Officer will be responsible to support and maintain internal and external communication with project’s staff, USAID, direct and indirect beneficiaries in the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, as well as local and international stakeholders. Officer will be responsible to assist Communications Director in preparation of various communications materials such as success stories, video stories, and information for USAID’s social media and Home Office social media.
Officer will also assist in preparation of quarterly performance reports, annual reports, and other required communications material to ensure that CBCMP-II activities and impact are communicated to the relevant stakeholders. The position is based in Kabul and includes traveling to provinces. Officer has to be able to work and travel independently.
Additionally, CBCMP-II will support Ministry of Agriculture to improve its communication protocols. Communications Officer is expected to assist Ministry’s Communications Director in the development of protocols which, eventually, should be defined in the form of an external communication policy.
|Date Posted:||29 Nov 2016||Reference:||CBCMP II-097|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Communications Director in preparation of success stories, video stories, and information for USAID’s social media and Home Office social media.
• Assist Communications Director in preparation of the other CBCMP-II promotional material.
• Assist CBCMP-II project staff in writing various reports and documents for public use.
• Assist CBCMP-II project in design and organization of media events, and liaise with local media.
• Train project staff in Kabul and provinces on preparation of different communication material.
• Work closely with the Communications Director to assist MAIL Media and Public Relations Directorate in establishment of communication protocols/external communication policy (as per the Ernest and Young recommendation number seven).
• Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the CoP and Communications Director.
• Strong writing skills in English and local languages.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility to work long hours when required.
• Master or bachelor degree in journalism, communications, public relations or social sciences.
• Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in a related field, with international organizations, including at least two years of experience in communications/reporting on development projects in Afghanistan.
• Previous USAID working experience will be a plus.
• Computer Knowledge: Windows Operations including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Photo Shop and other multimedia software.
• Working knowledge of English, Dari and/or Pashto.
• Motivated self-starter and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to liaise with members of communities in the region maturely and comfortably.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Communication
* Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to following e-mail.
* Subject line must be: (Communications Officer - CBCMP II- 097) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
* Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
* Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
* Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
It is the policy of Capacity Building and Change Management Program (CBCMP-II) to ensure equal employment to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
CBCMP-II IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL QUALIFIED ETHNIC GROUPS AND BOTH
GENDERS ARE URGED TO APPLY
|More jobs in this category|
|Communication Specialist at Afghanistan Independent Land Authority||Kabul||11 Mar 2017|
|Communication Manager at Agroindust||Kabul||10 Mar 2017|
|Social Media Officer and Communication Office.. at NETLINKS||Kabul||10 Mar 2017|
|CFA Reporting Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Communications Officer at Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)||Kabul||02 Mar 2017|
|Communication Specialist (Re announced) at AAIP ( Ministry of Agriculture..||Kabul||04 Mar 2017|
|Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Man.. at Harakat- Afghanistan I..||Kabul||08 Mar 2017|
|Communications Manager at Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Climate Facilit..||Kabul||08 Mar 2017|
|Web Developer & Graphic Designer at RANA Technologies||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|