Senior Translator(575 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
|Date Posted:||29 Nov 2016||Reference:||JSSP-LCB-171|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Standard and timely translation of Legal Documents from English into Dari/Pashto and vice versa.
2. Interpret expertly during meetings, conferences and seminars.
3. Interpret simultaneously in meetings and workshops.
4. Work with translators from other organizations.
5. Distributing documents for translators.
6. Maintain hard and soft copies of the documents.
7. Proofread translation of other translators in the section.
8. Write weekly and monthly work reports.
9. Upload the translated documents in translators’ logbook.
10. Coordinate with internationals for scheduling translators for the meetings.
11. Take on other related responsibilities delegated by Supervisor.
1. Ability to translate and interpret clearly and effectively.
2. Language skills including English, Dari, and Pashtu languages.
3. Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel.
4. Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
5. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to the team.
6. Deadline oriented.
7. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
8. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
1. Excellent fluency in English, Dari and Pashtu, verbal and written, is required.
2. Knowledge of Afghanistan’s Laws Specifically Penal Code and Criminal Procedure Code.
3. Good understanding of Legal Terminologies.
4. Excellent oral translation/interpretation is preferred.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Law and Political Since and English Literature is preferred.
2. High School Degree with four years’ work experience in translation with international organization.
3. Degree or diploma in English will be an asset.
4. Three years of work, experience in Translation with international organizations is required.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies by NO later than December 6, 2016. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it not the candidate itself if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Senior Translator-JSSP-LCB-171) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|Interpreter, translator (English to Turkish ) at Hamid Karzai Internation..||Kabul||10 Dec 2016|