M&E Advisor(1621 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
|Date Posted:||29 Nov 2016||Reference:||JSSP-M&E-172|
|Closing Date:||06 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collect the weekly activity reports from JSSP sections, validate them with the JSSP database and consult with the related sections about their content
2. Provide feedbacks on sections activities and ensure that all the sections are fulfilling their responsibilities according to the Statement of Work (SOW), and the work plan.
3. Assist in providing trainings to JSSP sections on quality data collection and proper use of the data collection tools
4. Travel to the sites in Kabul and provinces to monitor and validate the JSSP activities (apply only to male staff)
5. Develop baseline assessment needs to understand the requirements and develop a system to better track the day-to-day activities of the organization.
6. Conduct a qualitative/quantitative analysis of the JSSP developments based on the given indicators
7. Review data for accuracy and enter them into the M&E database, Excel, Access spreadsheets and other analytical software.
8. Advise on necessary adjustments to programs in order to make them easier to monitor, assess and evaluate.
9. Review and assess the existing monitoring and evaluation system, develop indicators and a M&E strategy for the project
10. Identify and locate backup documentation for reporting against indicators
11. Other tasks as identified by the M&E management.
1. Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
2. Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
3. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written/verbal communication skills, including in cross-cultural settings.
4. Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities.
5. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
6. Having flexibility, patience, dedication and creativity.
7. Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point, MS Project).
8. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
9. Development and management of an effective and motivated team.
10. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
1. University degree in Business, Finance, Social Science, Economics, or Information Technology or in any related fields. Master’s degree will be preferred.
2. Minimum of two years of experience in Business, Financial, Social Science, Economics, or Information Technology or in any related fields.
3. Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
4. Experience in using database programs such as MySQL, PHP, Atlas.Ti7 and MS. Access.
5. Excellent ability to use MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required.
6. Demonstrate professional maturity and good interpersonal skills for teamwork, and good written and verbal communication skills.
7. Experience in using SPSS and GIS is highly preferable
8. Experience in participatory research methodologies is preferable.
9. Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments.
10. Pleasant, friendly, and able to work in a multicultural environment.
11. Professional appearance and presentation.
12. Good social and communication skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies by NO later than December 6, 2016. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it not the candidate itself if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (M&E Advisor-JSSP-M&E-172) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Monitoring and Evaluation SME at MOIA||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|MEAL & Partnerships Head of Department at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Senior Data Demand and Use Officer (Re-Advert.. at Futures Group Global O..||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the I..||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at Afghanaid||Daikondi||29 Apr 2018|
|رئیس نظارت و ارزیابی at Independent Directorate of Local..||Kabul||28 Apr 2018|
|M&E Specialist (2 positions) at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|