Internal Communications Specialist(906 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
Working under the direction of the External Communication Advisor, the Internal Communications Specialist will support technical project staff in establishing and maintaining clear lines of communication with other project staff, project partners, and local and international consultants.
|Date Posted:||29 Nov 2016||Reference:||WLD-066|
|Closing Date:||13 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist technical project staff in the development of a comprehensive internal communications plan to disseminate communications materials which integrate digital and traditional communications.
2. Determine any material needs for internal communication and, once approved incorporate them into project procurement planning.
3. Manage online communication and materials including the project SharePoint calendar.
4. Research, write and post communication pieces for the SharePoint website for internal audiences as requested.
5. Manage internally-generated communications and content to insure relevance, timeliness, and searchability.
6. Assist External Communications Specialist in copyediting and proofing of web and print content including field stories, research publications, blogs, etc.
7. Edit consultant reports and other technical project deliverables in accordance with Tetra Tech style manual.
8. Assist project staff in identifying appropriate mediums and developing information products for internal use.
9. Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
10. Contribite to, update and maintain the photo archive (a passion for visual communication is a must)
11. Assist with the production of videos, powerpoint (or keynote presentations)
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
The Internal Communications Specialist will report directly to External Communications Specialist or his/her designee and work in close coordination with the DCOP-Technical, DCOP-F&A, Tetra Tech Project Manager, and others as needed. Direct reporting may change according to project needs
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in journalism, communications, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in public relations, public outreach, or communications for development field.
• Demonstrated experience producing written products such as articles, reports, fact sheets, speeches, success stories, and press releases.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
• Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discreet with sensitive information.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Word.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite—in particular Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, English.
• High creativity and the ability to solve problems with flare.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
Applications Subject line must be:(Internal Communications Specialist- WLD 066)
Women are highly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|Communication Officer at دارالانشا شورای وزیران||Kabul||07 Jul 2017|
|Communications Officer / Pashto Translator at American University of Afgh..||Kabul||04 Jul 2017|
|Marketing Officer at Skytravellers.com - Sky Travels||Kandahar||28 Jun 2017|
|National SMS/IVR Strategy Consultant at Equal Access International||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|External Communications Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|Grants & Communications Advisor at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|