Public Private Partnership Specialist(1077 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The Promote program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) program will enable Afghanistan’s most talented young women to become future leaders in government, business, and civil society. Over five years, 25,000 women with exceptional leadership potential and commitment to positive social change will be recruited and enrolled in the program, targeting specifically:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide them with the knowledge, skills, and networks they need to enter the upper levels of decision-making in all sectors of society. As they move into decision-making roles, they will be empowered to ensure that Afghan women’s voices are represented in government, business, and social institutions throughout the country. They will advocate for policies and practices supporting women’s equality, welfare, and empowerment; they will promote women’s participation in programs, thereby promoting peace and prosperity; and they will make certain that support for girls and women is not on the fringes of Afghanistan’s agenda but integrated prominently and sustainably into the country’s strategic plans for the future.
The Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Specialist will lead and coordinate public-private partnership initiatives and activities by exploring, implementing, and advocating for opportunities to engage private, public, and NGO sector stakeholders to advance PROMOTE objectives. S/he will manage stakeholder communication and develop relationships with partner organizations throughout the process of designing, launching, and managing partnership initiatives. The PPP Specialist, with the assistance of SSG Advisors, will implement a partnership development strategy that is designed to identify and respond to private sector interests to develop sustainable, effective, impactful partnerships.
|Date Posted:||29 Nov 2016||Reference:||WLD-067|
|Closing Date:||13 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The PPP Specialist’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
Coordination with Project Leadership and Technical Teams
• Coordinate with PROMOTE leadership and relevant subcontractors to develop a partnership strategy anchored in efficient analysis, targeted outreach, and shared value;
• Develop partnership concepts in coordination with technical team leads in order to ensure consistency with project resources, objectives, priorities, management approaches, etc.;
• Work with project leadership, subcontractors, and technical teams to launch and manage partnerships. Support effective management of partnership initiatives and partner relationships. Facilitate ongoing dialogue with partners to ensure progress and resolve any issues proactively;
Partner Mapping and Relationship Development
• Perform inventory of project assets to better understand the value that PROMOTE can bring to private sector partners;
• Work with SSG Advisors and project leadership to perform a private sector mapping exercise and gather qualitative and quantitative data on Afghan and multinational companies to identify industrial sectors and individual companies that represent high-value partnership opportunities.
• Network with private sector companies and develop strong relationships with the private sector, building trust and forming a strong basis for partnership development;
• Create and manage a database or CRM tool governing partner relationships;
Support the Design, Launch, and Management of Partnerships
• Provide ongoing technical support and logistical coordination for the design, structuring, formalization, and management of innovative public-private partnerships in support of PROMOTE training, mentorship, job placement, workplace improvements, and other core programmatic goals.
• Develop specific partnership concept notes articulating specific partner and USAID resource commitments, governance plans and strategic approaches, etc.;
• Work with subcontractors, project staff, and USAID staff to develop compliant MOUs to serve as the documents that underpin each of the PROMOTE partnerships;
• Coordinate with other donors, local organizations and Afghanistan’s government structures to ensure harmonization of public-private partnership activities;
• Build the capacity of the local governments, private sector organizations and CSO; to take leadership on public-private partnerships issues;
• Monitor and report upon PROMOTE partnership activities.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong ability to network in the business community and develop new relationships with potential partners;
• Sound understanding of basic finance and risk management concepts;
• Some familiarity with USAID or other donors helpful, but not required;
• Work authorization in Afghanistan
• Passion for issues of women’s rights and women’s leadership in Afghanistan;
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills;
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills;
• Fluency in English and Pashto and/or Dari.
• At least five years of experience in public-private partnership development, management consulting, corporate strategy, or a related field;
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, economics, or a related field; Master’s preferred;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
Subject line must be:(PPP Specialist - WLD -067)
Women’s are highly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|آهنگر at DABS||Kabul||15 Jul 2017|
|Senior Grants Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||09 Jul 2017|
|SECURITY INVESTIGATOR FSN-08 TRAINEE LEVEL FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Beauty Parlor (Trainer) آموزگار زیب.. at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|آموزگار خیاطی Tailoring Trainer at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|Senior Monitoring and Reporting Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|Foreman at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|