Project Operations Officer(972 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, and open Asia-Pacific region. TAF with the support of USAID is going to implement a five year project called Strengthen Education in Afghanistan (SEA-II).The project will support programmatic activities and also improve institutional capacity in the areas of operations, administration, leadership and management of educational institutions and civil society organizations in Afghanistan such as International School of Kabul, Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University- up to five Implementation Partners (IPs) that implement activities in line with the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Ministry of Education (MoE) strategic plans. Gender equity, development of youth programming, inclusion of marginalized populations and disabled learners, and development of public-private partnerships will be integrated into the design of the project.
The project operations officer will work under the supervision of program finance and operations specialist. The project operations officer assists the program with providing the overall day to day financial/grants and operations related activities. The position holder is responsible to ensure program finance/grants and operations are executed on timely manner and are in compliance with the Foundation’s established policies and procedures.
|Date Posted:||30 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA#53/2016|
|Closing Date:||12 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review relevant all financial documents submitted by the program staff and grantees/IPs to ensure compliance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures and donor compliance requirements are fully adhered to; and Ensure timely and duly payments to the program staff, grantees/IPs, consultants, companies;
• Prepare RFPs for program related financial/grants activities and track all required processes inbound.
• Check and review staff payroll and payroll reconciliation of employees before approval and ensure timely payment of salaries to staff and tax withholding calculation in line with the Afghanistan income tax law.
• Ensure timely and reliable grant administration support is provided to the program and grantees/IPs.
• Assist Program staff in reviewing correctness of draft Letters of Agreements, Letters of Grants Letters of Amendments, Contracts, grant related payment requests; grantee budget adjustments and compliance.
• Assist the program finance and operations specialist in coordinating the weekly financial spending projections to ensure the proper integrity with the approved annual budgets and project plans within the program.
• Assist the program finance and operations specialist in reviewing monthly financial reports to ensure correctness, accuracy and effective financial controls of the program related activities/expenditures.
• Follow up with the Foundation’s finance department on fund requests and program payments/ expenditures.
• Provide technical assistance and support program staff capacity building in basic finance and operations.
• Ensure the adequate compliance with the Foundation’s established policies and procedures are in place, and all program finance and operations activities are being carried accordingly.
• Responsible and being the focal point for the full range of procurements involved functions for the program related procurements and administration.
• Coordinate with Foundation’s procurement and administration departments and ensure that the timely and reliable support is provided to the program related procurement and administration activities.
• Review and ensure that the purchase requests clearly states the item specifications, confirm project and task codes and other required information.
• Knowledge of Afghanistan tax law and other rules and regulations pertaining to high education institutions.
• Extremely strong skills in Finance/grants and operations management of multi-year, multi-million dollars projects in Afghanistan.
• Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Fluent oral communication skills in Dari and/or Pashto.
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel and Internet); knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree is required in Financial Accounting, Business Administration and Economics and/or Economics.
• At least three years of experience working with NGOs, Private Sector and Government Organizations
• Previous experience is required in finance/grants and operations
Afghanistan - Kabul
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than December 12, 2016 to
. Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (http://www.acbar.org/APPLICATION-FORMS/) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Women are strongly encouraged to apply***
|More jobs in this category|
|Chief Operating Officer at 786 Pharma||Kabul||19 Feb 2017|