Quality Control Engineer(1297 Views)
About Global Technology
Global Technology is an Afghan owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
The Quality Control Engineer is responsible for on timely service and control of all generators, ensure maintenance and servicing of Diesel and Gasoline Power generators are done properly and as per requirement in order to meet the company’s business objectives, on time scheduling for overhauling of Power Generators.
|Date Posted:||30 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-0005-16|
|Closing Date:||10 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Knowledge in handling different brand and capacity generators
• Hands on manufacture, maintenance, installation, service and repair to a varied range of diesel generating sets, diesel generator control system and associated equipment including turbochargers and fuel injection equipment
• Carry out fault diagnosis and carry out forward planning on assigned work/projects
• Ensure that all actions are considerate and compliant with quality standards, Health and safety standards and company standards
• The quality control perform a variety of skilled and technical tasks in the inspection, repair, preventive, and corrective maintenance and modification on Internal Combustion (IC) engines, diesel generators, tests, replaces or adjusts engine components such as valves, pistons, bearings, emissions systems, and other related systems; and, interprets schematic wiring and modifies diesel control circuits.
• Must have experience in preventive and corrective maintenance on Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) and annunciator panels.
• Make electrical and mechanical wiring modifications to diesel control circuits
• Conduct automatic and manual transfer tests of simulated power outages to ensure generators are functioning properly
• Test batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis
• Direct and support the generator technicians and testing the materials and parts
• Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities
• Supervising the field team in overhaul section (Major and Minor overhaul)
• Should support the team in repairing, service and troubleshoot sections
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to name generator parts in local language and English
Bachelor degree from mechanical engineering or any other equivalent faculty.
Three years of quality control experience as described above.
Two years’ experience in service and troubleshoot of generators.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Mechanical Engineering
The application must comprise of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post attaching your CV to it. Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail to
Please note that applications received after the closing date (10, December 2016) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please be informed that applications exceeding 1 MB will be automatically deleted from the system, only a cover letter and a CV are required.
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Project Manager at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||08 Oct 2017|
|Project Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Senior Academic and Managerial Development Ma.. at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Parliamentary Analyst, FEFA ( Re announce) at Free and Fair Election Foru..||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Project Coordinator at ASARA Consultancy Services||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|LARP Specialist at DABS||Kabul||01 Oct 2017|
|Project Coordinator at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||23 Oct 2017|
|Re-announced Coordinator at SDROA||Jawzjan||04 Oct 2017|
|Operations Specialist at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Sep 2017|
|مدیر حفاظت محیط زیست و ام.. at DABS||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Administrator Facilities Management Division at French Medical Institute ..||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|