Generator Technician(680 Views)
About Global Technology
Global Technology is an Afghan owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
The Generator Technician is responsible for repairing, maintenance and servicing of Diesel and Gasoline Power generators in order to meet the company’s business objectives, and to make sure that all the requirement for overhauling of Power Generators are meet and updated.
|Date Posted:||30 Nov 2016||Reference:||VA-0004-16|
|Closing Date:||10 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||20||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for installation, repairing and servicing of all Generator system as well as load banks, related to the company,
• Responsible to service and replace all consumable parts such as; fuel filter, oil filter, water separator filter, air filter etc. after every 250 hours,
• Responsible for providing emergency support to the clients at any circumstances
• Responsible for any other side-work along the Generator installation or service such as; wiring, hocking and cleaning the work environment
• Be prepared to travel outside of Kabul for installation, repair or service purposes of any assigned Generator system
• Must provide basic training and guidance to customer
• Be responsible for the equipment of all sites and equipment, which are provided by the company
• Complete all required paperwork and reports accurately, legibly and obtain proper approvals from job site location management
• Be able to troubleshoot the sites fix the problem such as fuel injection pump,injectors,radiator and DC charger,
• Be able to repair or replace the parts like water body, primary pump, fan belt,
• Have to know how to do corrective and preventive maintenance,
• Must know about the wiring system of generators and changeover,
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to name generator parts in local language and English
• High School Graduate.
• Minimum of 5- years’ professional experience.
• Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties as required and work irregular hours.
Afghanistan - Kabul
The application must comprise of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post attaching your CV to it. Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail to
Please note that applications received after the closing date (10, December 2016) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Please be informed that applications exceeding 1 MB will be automatically deleted from the system, only a cover letter and a CV are required.
|More jobs in this category|
|Mechanical Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||08 Dec 2017|