Finance Officer(2094 Views)
About Samuel Hall
Samuel Hall is an independent think tank specialised in field research and social impact. We provide practicable insights to challenging issues in the developing world by providing academic-standard research through primary data collection in areas where researchers do not commonly go. Samuel Hall works with governments, donors, multilateral organisations and INGOs, as well public and private sector entities. We have worked with more than sixty-five organisations worldwide since 2009 through our offices in Afghanistan, Kenya and Somalia covering Asia and Africa.
We are a rapidly growing research organisation: you will be expected to growth with us and carve out your own spot in the team. We look for pro-active, creative individuals who can identify opportunities to make their mark, and identify solutions to problems. We believe in hiring people who can show their ability to be both strong leaders and reliable followers, who have skills that our team currently lacks and who join us to add value from the very start. We hire people who can expand our knowledge, and help us reach our social impact objective in their field of expertise. We work in a fast-paced, demanding and challenging environment: you will need thick skin, passion and dedication!
Samuel Hall is seeking a Finance Officer to support the Finance Manager and Operations team for a full-time position based in our Kabul office.
The Finance Officer closely works with the Finance Manager to ensure that all procedures of Samuel Hall are followed internally, as well as international finance standards.
This is an office based position and Samuel Hall strongly encourages women to apply.
|Date Posted:||30 Nov 2016||Reference:||001SH|
|Closing Date:||15 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Pre-check that all approvals are in place and all forms are duly filled before handing to requests to Finance Manager
• Update taxation tracking sheets and scan verified tax forms with complete backup
• Prepare vouchers for all expenses
• Translate and scan all financial documents for proper input into the financial software
• File all scanned files properly
• Update tracking sheets for receivables, payables, and prepaid accounts
• Update the financial software to ensure all supporting document are in place
• Support input of bills into the financial software
• Prepare contracts for short and long-term staff
• Manage and update short-term employee payroll sheets
• Keep bank and cash books up to date
• Ensure procurements are done based on internal rules and regulations
• Assist in internal and external financial audit, if required.
• Support the Finance Manager in all other tasks as required
Applicants will need to possess and demonstrate the following qualifications and transferable skills:
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or a related field
• Complete written and oral fluency in English and Dari
• Exceptional English writing skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Well organised
• Ability to adapt and work well within a team
• Ability to cope well under pressure, work occasionally irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
Afghanistan - Kabul
All applicants are required to fill in the form provided at the above-mentioned URL:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to submit a full application.
|More jobs in this category|
|Internal Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||05 Aug 2017|
|مدیریت مالی at Asia Higher Education Institute||Herat||05 Aug 2017|
|Head of Account and Finance at DABS||Kabul||13 Aug 2017|
|کارمند محاسبه مالیاتی at DABS||Kabul||10 Aug 2017|
|Treasury Officer at DABS||Kabul||04 Aug 2017|
|عضو محاسبه نقدي at DABS/KBD||Kabul||06 Aug 2017|
|Finance Officer at DACAAR||Kabul||07 Aug 2017|
|Finance Assistant at DACAAR||Kabul||05 Aug 2017|
|Finance Officer at Spa Construction and Road Building Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Internal Control Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||05 Aug 2017|
|Finance Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kunduz||28 Jul 2017|
|Finance & Administration Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||08 Aug 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|