The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 189 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Afghanistan country office supports Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) capacity building and programme implementation guided by the ARCS established strategic plan in the areas of health, disaster management, disaster risk reduction, social outreach, capacity building and organizational development activities. ARCS is undergoing an important transition linked to the adoption of an updated and modernized Red Crescent Law which will formally and completely separates the NS from the Government. With this independence and the increased humanitarian needs in the country, expectations on the NS are high. The ARCS Leadership looks to its IFRC, ICRC and PNS partners to help optimize and raise the efficiency of the NS management in accordance with the findings of the Federation-led OCAC. In 2016, the ARCS will launch its 2016-2020 Strategic Plan developed through fully participatory processes.
In keeping with the 2016-2020 IFRC Plan “Partnering for Resilience”, the Field Office Manager works through four strategies for implementation that are critical IFRC functions designed to support the ARCS to implement programmes in thematic areas of focus where the ARCS and IFRC have agreed to partner for the needs of the vulnerable communities in Afghanistan.
To maintain the safety and security of IFRC staff, guests/visitors, and assigned offices, residences or any other IFRC facilities and assets.
|Date Posted:||01 Dec 2016||Reference:||IFRC0010|
|Closing Date:||08 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the safety and security of all personnel, visitors and premises.
• Check doors and windows of the buildings to ensure they are properly locked, note any unlocked doors/windows; submits the note to line manager.
• Make sure all electrical appliances and machineries in assigned IFRC offices and premises are off and shutdown after the official time.
• Conduct professional vehicles searching in precise manner in order to make sure that IFRC and none IFRC vehicles are cleared and safe from weapons, explosive devices and any other harmful substances.
• Maintain and update the register books of vehicles and visitors in IFRC offices, houses, warehouses, and entrance and exit gates.
• Search the visitors politely and register them indiscriminately before entering to the IFRC facilities. Assist visitors who needed direction or information.
• Make sure all none-IFRC staff including visitors and labours should receive visitor’s ID prior to gain entrance to any of IFRC facilities.
• Make sure that no one can expel assets from IFRC facilities without authorization of security department.
• If there is need to help the loading and unloading office items, watchmen should give hand.
• Patrol the assigned areas on foot and take action to investigate, report, prevent, or stop; suspicious activities, hostile actions, fires, theft or safety hazards.
• Perform and execute all required orders, directions, guidance, and requirements of Standard Operational Procedures and General Orders to a standard that meet expectations.
• Make sure to provide immediate reports of any suspicious activities, hostile actions, perceived surveillance, unauthorized photography and etc.
• In the absence of line manager make sure to contact the relevant security/fire/ambulance departments when emergency occur, force entrance is taken place and IFRC facilities are attacked.
• During emergencies (Fire, Earthquake etc.) make sure adequate response is in place to minimize the potential impacts and loses.
• Operate office generator, ensure that staff members are informed in a timely base, when generator is switched off, and ensure that office and delegate house water tank is full at all times.
• Any other tasks that assigned by the Supervisor.
Duties applicable to all staff:
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
1) Minimum qualifications:
• At least high school.
2) Required Experience:
• 2 year’s working experience in similar positon for NGO or international humanitarian organisations
3) Knowledge and skills:
• Familiar with communication equipment (HF, VHF and VHF base station)
• Familiar with CCTV cameras and alarm system
4) Language skills:
• Basic English is preferred.
• Other languages: Good command of Dari and/or Pashto
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please submit your application consisting of a cover letter, a recently updated CV to
Include (Watchman) in the subject line of the Application.
Note: CVs without cover letters not be considered as completed application and therefore not be accepted for further consideration.
|More jobs in this category|
|SURVEILLANCE DETECTION PROGRAM TECHNICIAN (FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Apr 2017|
|SURVEILLANCE DETECTION SHIFT SUPERVISOR (FSN-.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||27 Apr 2017|