M&E Assistant (Local)(833 Views)
About ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
Strengthen the monitoring of projects
|Date Posted:||01 Dec 2016||Reference:||ACF_HL1201|
|Closing Date:||10 Dec 2016||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||22500 to 22500 None|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Strengthen the monitoring of projects
- Conduct field visits to activity areas.
- Provide regular field visit report.
- Participate and/or lead female surveyors during onsite field mission including KAP, PDM, and baseline-end line assessments and as directed by MEAL Officer.
- Liaise with the MEAL Officer to Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the monitoring activities.
- Helps in the identification of challenges in monitoring, data collection particularly from women beneficiaries.
Objective 2: Promote equal and/or proportional representation of women and men in projects.
- Participate in gender related activity engaged/planned by ACF in Helmand.
- Monitor and report on the project related gender issues in the province.
- Analyse and ensure that interventions are sensitive to issues of equal inclusion of affected women.
- Support the Program team in ensuring that vulnerable women meeting ACF criteria of selection are given priority for targeting.
- Support in writing stories related to program and projects as they relate to gender equality issues
Objective 3: Support Helmand team in effective implementation of ACF Accountability Mechanism
- In collaboration with MEAL Officer, ensure that Accountability Mechanism is effectively implemented in Helmand - ensure boxes and other complaint access point at field level are in place (accessible to both women and men) and are maintained
- Ensure that any feedback detected is entered promptly into the FM database and reported.
- Organize and document focus group discussions and awareness rising on FM.
- Ensure regular informal feedback from beneficiaries and project stakeholders is collected during his/her field visit, analyzed and timely recorded.
• At least 1 year of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in emergency projects implemented by humanitarian national/international NGOs
• Previous experience in managing accountability and beneficiary feedback mechanisms is a major asset
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
• Expertise in analyzing data using excel sheet;
• Strong training & facilitation skills.
• Strong knowledge and previous experience in project cycle and Log frame
• Very good organisational, planning and reactivity skills
• Very good team management and supervision capacity
• Good representation skills
• Good negotiation skills
Advanced computer skills (Microsoft office package), Software based data management etc.
• Preferable University Degree
Afghanistan - Helmand
Bachelors Degree, Operation
Only the residents of Helmand province (local) can apply for this position
Please send your CV and application letter to Human Resources Department
(1) ACF Office, Laghman Street, Beside MSF Guest House.
Please mention the position title in your email subject line otherwise it will be rejected
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you do not receive a reply to your application within 2 months, your file has not been shortlisted. We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that, because we receive a very large number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will receive an explanation as to why their applications were ultimately unsuccessful upon request
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Officer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Samangan||15 Apr 2017|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||10 Apr 2017|
|M&E Specialist (Cluster Coordinator) at IDS Afghanistan||Multi Cities||06 Apr 2017|
|WEE-NPP Sr. Monitoring & Evaluation Specialis.. at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||04 Apr 2017|
|Consultant for External Review at Swiss Agency for Development and Cooepr..||Kabul||05 Apr 2017|