Chief Compliance Officer(1570 Views)
About Vision Financial Services
Vision Financial Services (VFS) is an ambitious and diverse financial services provider committed to delivering services of exceptional standards catering to the needs of both institutional and individual investors. VFS provides online trading services aimed to create long term value for your investment.
The Chief Compliance Officer of the Company will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Organization’s Compliance Management structure and functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the Company. The position ensures the Board of management and employees perform their duties in compliance with the rules and regulations of Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB), and that the company’s policies and procedures are in accordance to the applicable laws and regulations of the country. In addition, the Chief Compliance Officer will provide strategic advice regarding the regulatory and compliance environment in the Organization, technical guidance on specific compliance matters, and supervision of the Compliance Department.
|Date Posted:||22 Dec 2016||Reference:||VFS/VA/2016/016|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for adherence to all compliance program, including but not limited to, completion of all required and assigned training modules.
2. Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements regarding processes and procedures of VFS.
3. Modifies policies and procedures as per the applicable rules, regulations and directives.
4. Thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance with.
5. Manages the VFS’s compliance program, including policies, procedures, systems monitoring and training, as well as compliance monitoring and testing.
6. Collaborates with other departments (i.e. Internal Audit, Risk Management, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with Legal section as needed to resolve legal compliance issues.
7. Responds and recommends improvements to the noticed violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
8. Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities.
9. Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
10. Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for VFS, including understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
11. Coordinates with the Human Resources Department and other departments as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees, management, and members of the Board.
12. Provide effective leadership in enhancing and sustaining VFS’ compliance programs to ensure those correspond and are in line with the rules and regulations of DAB.
13. Assesses and monitors the compliance risks associated with the organization’s business activities, operations, and products & services.
14. Serves as a point of contact for financial regulators and manages company’s responses to regulatory inquiries/findings and preparation for compliance examinations.
15. Perform Compliance Risk Assessments and review results with Board of Management and Board of Supervisors.
16. On a regular basis, reports to the Board of Management & Board of Supervisors on compliance matters, including actual or potential compliance program violations.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Management.
• Familiarity with compliance monitoring and testing systems.
• Full knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
• Strong regulatory relationships; existing credibility with concerned regulators is a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with executive management.
• Management experience.
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Office program
• Bachelor degree in Laws, Business or Banking. Master degree will be preferred.
• Relevant professional certification or training desirable.
Master degree in Business Administration or Low.
Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in banking compliance or regulatory roles.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Legal
Interested candidates may send their applications, resume and their recent picture electronically to the below mentioned email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Taqnin Advisor at Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)||Kabul||27 Jun 2017|
|Juvenile Justice Team Lead at Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program ..||Kabul||26 Jun 2017|
|Legal Adviser to Deputy Investigation of AGO .. at Afghanistan Capacity B..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|