Business Analyst(744 Views)
About Afghanistan Center for Excellence
Established in 2012, Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) is an Afghan-owned consultancy firm. ACE is headquartered in Kabul with offices in Jalalabad, Mazar, Herat and Kandahar.
ACE has been registered with Ministry of Commerce and Industries (MOCI) under license number D - 77619, as a fully Afghan-owned consultancy firm. ACE offers training and capacity development, strategic management advisory, graphic design & branding and employment services.
ACE has a dynamic, committed and experienced team of 50 core and more than 200 project based staff. 28% of the team members are females; most of them working in managerial positions.
ACE caters the needs of private and public sector, non-governmental organizations and aid agencies in Afghanistan. ACE is an employee driven company. Everything ACE does is founded on the core principles of honesty, fairness, commitment to excellence and accountability. Exceeding customer’s expectation, going the extra mile for a client, respect for fellow colleagues and the willingness to innovate remain our priorities. ACE wants to make a difference as the leading firm in developing sustainable enterprises and a demand driven workforce in Afghanistan.
Afghanistan Center for Excellence (ACE) is planning to conduct a comprehensive assessment of 12 SMEs in the Northern and Central regions; conduct a desk review of the SME sector in 5 economic zones and write a comprehensive report based on the SWOT analysis of 12 SMEs and the desk review of the SME sector in Afghanistan. This assessment also includes a high level mapping of appropriate business incubators, advisors and consultants that can provide relevant business incubation services and bespoke post investment TA as well as an overview of the key legal and regulatory issues related to setting up a locally based business incubator and advisory company that can offer incubations and business advisory services and potentially flexible risk finance to local for-profit commercial enterprises.
|Date Posted:||28 Dec 2016||Reference:||0028|
|Closing Date:||11 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||5000 to 5000 USD|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 1 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop 12 factsheets of the SMEs assessed in Northern and Central regions
• Desk review, drawing on all globally and locally available resources (e.g. from Government, Donor Funding Institutions (DFIs), academic institutions, business incubators, investment funds, private sector and other development organization)
• Key informant interviews in Afghanistan to deepen the level of local analysis on the relevant financial ecosystem, relevant legal/regulatory environment, and market place for SMEs.
• A high level assessment of the Afghanistan economic and market environment (with opportunities and challenges) as relates to start-up and SMEs, as well as the enabling and policy environment for private enterprise and SME development and growth.
• Final report of 20-pages with 3-4-page executive summary) and a power point presentation of 20 slides outlining key findings, plus annexes if and as appropriate (e.g. list of interviews conducted with contact details, organization, etc.)
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Minimum Master Degree in Business Management or other relevant field.
• The consultant will have a background in management consulting (with a focus in business analysis and strategy), entrepreneurship, supply chain management, business incubation services, SME management and financing, venture capital, or another relevant field.
• Good understanding on private sector and businesses in the context of Afghanistan
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Management
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to the below email. Please clearly write the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Gas Planning Expert at Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)||Kabul||14 Sep 2017|
|Renewable Energy Expert at Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)||Kabul||14 Sep 2017|
|Power System Expert (Deputy Team Leader) at Afghan Tarin Engineering Serv..||Kabul||14 Sep 2017|
|Senior Expert Drug Demand Reduction at management4health GmbH||Kabul||24 Aug 2017|
|Expert Afghanistan Midwifery and Nursing Coun.. at management4health GmbH||Kabul||24 Aug 2017|
|Review of Progress of the Microfinance Progra.. at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|International consultant for hospital guideli.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Project ending evaluation at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||18 Aug 2017|