Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (National)(1673 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
In order to ensure systematic monitoring of and reporting on the CBR expected results, the CBR Project Support Unit in the Ministry of Finance is recruiting a National Montiroing and Evaluation Officer to work closely with the M& E team to do monitoring for results
Number of Positions: Two Positions - To be stationed at MoF PSU
The incumbent will assist the Senior M&E Specialist to provide complete M&E services including data collection, data entry, data compilation, data analysis, data dissemination and recording of all CBR LMs performance and achievements. The role of this position is very important as the incumbent will assist line ministries in developing their CBR Result Framework.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for performing and managing the assigned technical work related to performance monitoring under the contract.
|Date Posted:||31 Dec 2016||Reference:||CBR -95-117|
|Closing Date:||13 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities.
1. Support the M&E unit in terms of data collection, data entry, data compilation, data analysis, data dissemination and recording of all CBR LMs performance and achievements.
2. Working in coordination with other relevant implementing agencies (IARCSC, LMAs) to establish agency-specific M&E frameworks and/or systems, collect necessary data and undertake the necessary analysis of the data, evaluate the project implementation in term of achievement of project development objectives and compliance with the project development objectives.
3. Working closely with the CBR LMAs, M&E Firm in the process of development of the resulting framework and Support CBR LMAs in the development of SMART indicators, defining baseline and setting appropriate targets
4. Monitor and review project implementation regularly to assess and identify challenges and bottlenecks and explore practical solutions.
5. Coordinate and ensure implementation of all activities on M&E with the M&E Unit.
6. He in coordination with M&E specialist will be responsible to measure the progress of CBR line ministries by comparing measurement area of Result Framework (indicators, baseline and targets) against planned activities of the line ministries.
7. Assist the M&E unit in the development of Quarterly and Annual project reports or any other reports required by the project. Assist the M&E unit or any other evaluation agency in conducting evaluations and assessments.
8. Any other task assigned by the M&E Senior Specialist.
i. Understanding of Result based Monitoring and Evaluation system.
ii. Ability to design including data collection and reporting tools data, collection and analysis
iii. Project Management Skills and Result-based Management concepts
iv. Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
v. Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours if required.
vi. Good interpersonal and communications skills.
vii. Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results.
viii. Awareness of and sensitivity to multi-cultural international development work.
ix. Fluency in English (written and oral) is mandatory.
The M&E Officer would have the following required qualification and experience:
i. Bachelors in social science, statistics, or related field with the minimum of 3 years of relevant experience on Monitoring & Evaluation.
ii. Experience on M&E with Government Agencies is preferable.
iii. Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation techniques is highly desired.
iv. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Pashto, Dari required
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing clearly indicating on the sealed envelop the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: January 13, 2017
|More jobs in this category|
|Media Technical Specialist at Afghanistan SUPPORT-II Project||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Civil Society Technical Specialist at Afghanistan SUPPORT-II Project||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Supervisor at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2018|
|Reporting and Monitoring Officer at JimCo International, LLC||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|