Re- Announced Database Administrator (DBA)(1580 Views)
NETLINKS Ltd is one of the largest and fastest-growing ICT solution provider companies in Afghanistan with its focus on Software Development, Web Development and Designing and Full Spectrum Web and Email hosting Services. NETLINKS has been operating in Afghanistan since 2005 and has grown several-fold ever since, as one of the prominent ICT firms in the country NETLINKS currently employs more than 150 national and international staff members including but not limited to several highly qualified software developers, engineers, analysts, ICT professionals, network and security experts, customer support experts and a highly capable and qualified management team. With its corporate offices in capital Kabul, NETLINKS has three provincial branch offices in the major cities of Herat, Mazar and Jalalabad.
As a 100% Afghan owned and operated firm NETLINKS Ltd is a registered and licensed company with the Afghan government under AISA license number D-21519. Being partner with several world renowned ICT companies and brands NETLINKS Ltd is an exclusive partner of OpenERP Belgium in Afghanistan, Platinum member of Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries and a founding member of the National ICT Alliance of Afghanistan (NICTAA).
Under the direct supervision and in close coordination with the project Manager and with the assistance and support of the assigned project staff, the Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the overall planning, design, performance, integrity, maintenance, security, troubleshooting, migration and backup of the APPS and other relevant databases and components as-well-as the overall supervision, guidance, training and support of the relevant database staff and teams. Additionally the Database Administrator’s (DBA) is also responsible for installing software/database upgrades, management and implementation of hardware upgrades, maintenance and monitoring of the relevant database servers, development and implementation of database backup and recovery plans and strategies, advise network strategies, test systems and develop system standards, evaluate new tools and technologies, analyzing user/client needs and prepare and present findings and relevant periodic reports to the project Management.
The key Duties, Responsibilities, Skills, Qualifications, Education and Experience for the position of the Database Administrator (DBA) are outlined as follows:
|Date Posted:||02 Jan 2017||Reference:||11232016|
|Closing Date:||22 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify database requirements by interviewing users/clients; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems and solutions.
• Assist the planning and designing of databases/systems and coordinate clients’/users’ requirements, recommendations and feedback with the relevant technical and development teams.
• Install revised or new databases/systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
• Maintain databases/systems performance by calculating optimum values for database/system parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
• Access, analyze and recommend solutions by defining the physical structure and functional capabilities of the relevant databases/systems, databases/systems security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Sustaining the security and integrity of the relevant databases/systems and the data and records existing on these databases/systems.
• Occasionally and as/when required travel to the provincial/remote client/customer sites outside the capital city Kabul to provide database/systems related assistance and support as instructed and assigned by the project Manager.
• Prepare and train database users and other relevant staff members by conducting trainings; providing information; and resolving problems.
• Provide job related periodic and occasional reports, updates, briefs and presentations if/when necessary and provide relevant information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintain and update professional and technical knowledge by attending all relevant company educational trainings and workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Coordinate, support, assist and contributes to the relevant team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Promoting Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, Attention to Detail, Information Security Policies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant subject such as computer science/studies or software/computer engineering.
Experience: At least two years of professional experience with PostgreSQL Database and/or any enterprise level database management systems and solutions including RDBMS, OODBMS, and XML-DBMS such as Oracle, MS. SQL, My-SQL or preferably Open-Source (OpenERP) databases and solutions. Any professional experience with any enterprise Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) such as OpenERP would be advantageous.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested candidates should send their resumes via e-mail to the following email clearly indicate in the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number, Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will contact for a written test.
|More jobs in this category|
|Products Manager at AWAL||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Re - Senior MIS Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and ..||Kabul||01 Jun 2018|
|E-Banking Technical Manager at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Information Technology Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||03 Jun 2018|
|Help Desk Executive at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Night Shift NOC Engineer at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Persian Personalized Internet Assessor - Afgh.. at Lionbridge GSS||Multi Cities||01 Jun 2018|