Business Development Manager(926 Views)
About ARIA MEDICA
Aria Medica is a young company in the pharmaceutical sector of Afghanistan with the vision to contribute in the improvement of health quality by addressing unmet medical needs; in particular, in the underserved areas of the country through investing in the production, importation, and distribution of quality, safe, efficacious and affordable pharmaceuticals.
The Business Development Manager at Aria Medica works to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth. He/she is responsible to define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key client/customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. His/her responsibilities include working with the senior internal team, marketing and sales staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the company. To achieve this, he/she needs to find potential new customers, present the company to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. The Business Development Manager will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. He/she calls on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict the clients’ future needs.
|Date Posted:||07 Jan 2017||Reference:||AM-11-01-17|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the Business Development Manager are summarized as follows:
New Business Development
- Prospecting for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold calling as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging his/her network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Researching and building relationships with new clients.
- Setting up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Planning approaches and pitches.
- Leading the development of proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participating in pricing the solution/service.
- Handling objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Presenting an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Initiating business ideas in the pharmaceutical market of Afghanistan and developing business plans.
- Presenting new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Working with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arranging and participating in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and providing feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Presenting to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identifying opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identifying and developing the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submitting monthly progress reports and ensuring data is accurate.
- Ensuring that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecasting sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Tracking and recording activity on accounts and helping to close deals to meet the targets.
- Working with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensuring all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Presenting business development training and mentoring to business developers and other relevant internal staff.
- Researching and developing a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understanding the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Any other responsibility to be carried out relevant to business development and deemed appropriate by the Managing Director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Fully awareness of Afghanistan pharmaceutical sector.
- Fully awareness of the national and international policies and standards in the pharmaceutical sector.
- In-depth understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands, etc.
- Familiar with MS Office and Pharmacy information systems.
- Familiar with sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a skilled in “reading” the market.
- Able to collect and analyze data and to work with numbers and figures.
- Ability to relate seemingly quite different pieces of information and to explore possibly useful linkages between them.
- Talented in negotiations and networking.
- Team building and empowerment skills.
- Honest, eager, very energetic and extremely positive individual with a genuine passion for achieving goals for self and the team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with others from all levels, backgrounds, and cultures.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive behavior, regardless of the situation.
- Ability to quickly meet deadlines on multi-tasks and ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and the ability to exercise good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to withhold premature judgment on any situation without getting as much information as possible from all sources in the time available.
- Ability to make balanced decisions in the absence of all the information he/she would like, which may never be available.
- Ability to listen to others and even challenge them constructively to establish their key points clearly, without jumping to premature conclusion.
- Ability to express him/herself clearly, relevantly and factually, without being defensive or aggressive, while still being appropriately assertive.
- Ability to withstand reasonable challenges from colleagues (and even sustained disagreement when necessary), without taking it personally.
- Ability to take constructive initiatives when things may go wrong.
Bachelor’s (preferably master’s) degree in pharmaceutical science, business, marketing, or sales with experience in similar responsibilities in the pharmaceutical sector;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Sales/Marketing
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) along with a cover letter to the below mentioned email no later than January 20, 2017. Please include the name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject line as (Business Development Manager -AM-11-01-17). No other documents are needed to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications receive after the closing date will not be considered.
AM is an equal opportunity employer. All ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Aptech Afghanistan require Course Counsellor at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Sales Officer (Re-advertised) at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Marketing Assistant at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||10 Jan 2018|
|Production and Sales Manager at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Sales Executive at Afghan Cyber ISP||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|Manager of Marketing, Communications and Digi.. at British Council Afghan..||Kabul||21 Dec 2017|
|Business Development Manager at Sky International Insurance||Kabul||20 Dec 2017|
|STORE MANAGER at Ace Hardware||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|
|MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER at Ace Hardware||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|
|Marketing Officer at Asia Pharma Ltd. (manufacturer and importer of Medic..||Herat||20 Dec 2017|
|Marketing Officer at Pajhwok Afghan News||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|